Say Goodbye To XP

i liked XP but i think this new vista OS just blows. whatever happened to, if it isn't broke don't fix it ? with all the money Bill Gates and microsoft have available to them i just don't understand how they could come up with something so useless and have it replace something that worked very well and people liked it. when i replace the HP i got now i'm going with an apple, and sayng goodbye to microsoft forever.

I heard what every body was saying about vista. but i've used it on
My new HP notebook and have had no problems.i also installed
Vista Ultimate on a computer that i put together for my bro,
he has'nt had any problems with it ether.i love the new media player that
Come's with it. you dont need to buy a therdparty dvd program any more
To play dvd movies pn your computer.and yes like XP when it first came out
You did have to download alot of updates and patches.

it all depends on how much you do on the computer. for just surfing the interweb or listening to music or watching movies or just general stuff then vista is no real issue. It has more "slips" than XP does so it is alot easier to hack into no matter what system of security you are running. My pops and i have the same computer and he uses his alot for business and the system couldn't handle it and crashed. Took him two days to recover or reload all the info on it. I'm a big believer and preacher for Apple and i will replace this computer i have now with one someday soon, hopefully soon.

Printers

I heard what every body was saying about vista. but i've used it on
My new HP notebook and have had no problems.i also installed
Vista Ultimate on a computer that i put together for my bro,
he has'nt had any problems with it ether.i love the new media player that
Come's with it. you dont need to buy a therdparty dvd program any more
To play dvd movies pn your computer.and yes like XP when it first came out
You did have to download alot of updates and patches.
Now i also have heard that if you have an older printer windows vist
will not have the drivers for your older printer or you wont be able to
find any drivers that will work.

I have absolutely loved Vista Premium. Haven't had a bit of problem with it.

The only real problem I noticed with Vista is that too many computer manufacturers shipped it in new computers with less than 1 gig of RAM. Vista requires a minimum of 526Meg just to operate and Microsoft recommended 1 Gig minimum. Personally, I would suggest a minimum of 2 Gig, but then again, I believe in overkill when it comes to spec'ing out a computer :)

over kill

I have absolutely loved Vista Premium. Haven't had a bit of problem with it.

The only real problem I noticed with Vista is that too many computer manufacturers shipped it in new computers with less than 1 gig of RAM. Vista requires a minimum of 526Meg just to operate and Microsoft recommended 1 Gig minimum. Personally, I would suggest a minimum of 2 Gig, but then again, I believe in overkill when it comes to spec'ing out a computer :)

I do to believe in over kill butt it's true if you
have at least 2 gig of memory you can run windows vista
fine.the thing is though if you put 4gig's of memory in
their your computer will only see a little over 2gig's
the fix for that is 64bit windows.:beep:

HAHAHAHAH VISTA gosh I hate it.

I can't use certain programs to get music cause of the new and improved built in firewalls. When i first for the computer it would blue screen everyday before I even installed anything in it. Drives me insane!!!

HAHAHAHAH VISTA gosh I hate it.

I can't use certain programs to get music cause of the new and improved built in firewalls. When i first for the computer it would blue screen everyday before I even installed anything in it. Drives me insane!!!

Try Right Clicking And Running As An Administrator Alot Of Programs Need To Be Ran As An Administrator On Vista :(

Yeah, if you are not set up as the administrator for the computer, you have much less ability. This is one of the security features that everyone screamed for, and now that it is there, everyone complains about it, LOL.

IM HARDCORE XP FOR LIFE.. I HAD VISTA AND IT SUCKS,ITS NOT AS USER FRIENDLY AS XP...WHEN I BOUGHT MY COMPUTER I TOOK VISTA OFF AND INTALLED XP....

IM HARDCORE XP FOR LIFE.. I HAD VISTA AND IT SUCKS,ITS NOT AS USER FRIENDLY AS XP...WHEN I BOUGHT MY COMPUTER I TOOK VISTA OFF AND INTALLED XP....

my dad bought the same computer i got and did the same thing. wish i would have but i have gotten used to vista now. it's just like a lady and you gotta treat her with compassion and gentle. and if that don't work slap her around a few times. lol. j/k ladies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread