Sales Tax has gotten out of control.

Mike

So, I am in Eloy, AZ. Didn’t feel like eating in the truck yesterday, so I walk across the street to Burger King.

They ring up my order, and I swipe my card. Seemed a bit expensive, but I quietly waited for my receipt.

Look at the receipt, and the tax on the order was 13.2%. That has got to be the highest rate I have seen. High enough that I will remember it and definitely won’t be buying anything else here unless it’s absolutely necessary.

Have you seen higher than this anywhere?

Been 13% long as I can remember. I vaguely remember when they combined the PST and GST to create the HST. Just a money grab. Now you need a BIN in order to claim HST from the ONT GOV.

Yet that’s just the sales tax on the hidden taxes you don’t see.
****ers

Remember no Sunday shopping? I miss those days.

Some states have no income tax so they jack up sales tax.

Other states have no sales tax but they'll take half your paycheck.

I looked it up, and their tax rate is supposed to be 10.2%. Casa Grande, which is the same area is 9.2%

That means there is another 3% that is unaccounted for.

Are they taxing fast food?

I looked it up, and their tax rate is supposed to be 10.2%. Casa Grande, which is the same area is 9.2%

Probably a local town or municipality type tax.

Ask them- I certainly would.

i wonder if it is more to "eat in" and less tax on "take out"?

i wonder if it is more to "eat in" and less tax on "take out"?
In Chicago or Crook County they have a "to go" tax that supposedly goes towards litter cleanup.

So what do you is order it "for here" and as soon as they give you the tray say "oh can I get that to go?" and they'll put it in a bag.

You only save like 6 cents but you get to exercise your God given right and patriotic duty to evade taxes. 🇺🇲

Wisconsin state sales tax is 5.5%.

Once I did my shopping at the Walmart in Rhinelander because I was up there for some ATV stuff.

They charged me 6%. It wasn’t until I was long gone I noticed it on the receipt.

I asked my GTM why he thought this was.

He replied by asking if Rhinelander is in Wisconsin.

After all it’s a Beaver Dam store not a Menomonie store so I can see why he wasn’t familiar... 🙄

Anyway, he looked kind of concerned after I said I’d wondered if they’re making an error at that store. It got his attention good.

Can you IMAGINE that headline?

Anyway he eventually found out that Rhinelander levys an additional “resort” tax.

Which is funny because there’s nothing resort like about that town...

Once I did my shopping at the Walmart in Rhinelander because I was up there for some ATV stuff.

They charged me 6%. It wasn’t until I was long gone I noticed it on the receipt.

After all it’s a Beaver Dam store not a Menomonie store so I can see why he wasn’t familiar... 🙄

Anyway, he looked kind of concerned after I said I’d wondered if they’re making an error at that store. It got his attention good.

Anyway he eventually found out that Rhinelander levys an additional “resort” tax.

Rhinelander is an odd little town

It's not a resort tax as in stay at this resort.

It's a resort tax as in this is our last resort.

I mean, probably.

hey @Mike

i just ordered take out from the chinese place we always get it from..

my state sales tax is 7%...

the take out there is at 8%.....

we eat there at times, but it's been a while so i cannot recall if it'll be the 7 or 8%

Our taxes are set here, can't change them legally. Like above we did have a combined PST/GST at one time, but we fought it and won. Now its 7% PST and 5% GST. The formula to figure out wether your paying both or one is pretty complicated. Thankfully in our business we just collect GST, we don't have PST. But I have stopped at a remotely located Mcdonalds, and they had raised all there prices as a surcharge for there remote location, lol, and my bill was $5 more than a regular Mcdonalds. I made sure to inform them they are lucky they raped me for that $5 because next time I'll drive right by , knowing they are a rip off outfit.

A lot of places do that. If you got to dinner, movie, concert or anything else deemed entertainment you pay 2.5%more tax to the city of Omaha. I try to not do much in Omaha lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread