Sad news for family of missing trucker

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
When the decomposed body of a trucker was discovered in his sleeper at a Troutman, NC, truck stop recently, investigators determined he died of natural causes, possibly as much as three months ago.

The trucker has been identified as 64-year-old William Herbert. He was a driver for K-Line Express out of Secaucus, NJ.

The discovery of his body led to some news articles that questioned why no one came looking for Herbert, but Detective John Adams of the Iredell County Sheriff’s Office says Herbert’s company and his loved ones actually were looking for him.

“His family was frantically getting everyone involved, looking for him,” said Adams. “His sister and girlfriend were using every way they could to find him. The initial report was made by his company, K-Line.”

Herbert went missing back in December. Adams says a missing persons report and a stolen truck report had been filed.

According to the police, Herbert had picked up a load of stucco compound in Georgia and was heading home. He parked at the Wilco Travel Plaza on the Charlotte Highway in Troutman, NC.

His body was discovered about two weeks ago by employees at the truck stop who smelled an odor.

full story

is that truck stop that big ? an no body can see a truck sat for 3 months ??

I heard about this story on ATN SHOW ON SIRIUS XM THIS MORNING

One caller said he parked rite next too the truck

It is a tragedy and a combination of mistakes ....let's not try too second guess the situation

An no suprise that Wilco Hess Corporation is not commenting

I can bee sure those Employees @ that location will be joining the unemployed very soon

Nobody likes bad pres especially when it gets too the national level they will be fired

is that truck stop that big ? an no body can see a truck sat for 3 months ??

No It is a very small maybee 30 trucks could park there tops

I stopped there once when I was with a trainer an decided never again too small

His family should have said he was a blond haired blue eyed soccer mom, the networks would have been all over it and everybody would have been looking for him.

His family should have said he was a blond haired blue eyed soccer mom, the networks would have been all over it and everybody would have been looking for him.

They wouldn't have found him. They'd have been looking for a blond haired blue eyed soccer mom.

Parking trucks and turnover ... I figure that happens every 10 hours per slot. You never know how long the driver next to you has been there and ... who checks?

This is not the first time and won't be the last.

Maybe TF can start a "LOST" page that doesn't require membership, easily used by poster... We can tell our friends.... etc...

Look for me at Pilots and J's..... #713 (and bring chocolate... if I'm still alive I'll be hungry)

Perhaps a joint effort with..."the dark side"??

I do notice who is parked around me if and when I stop at a truck stop.I do notice that when I take my ten off,Trucks that came in after me are gone when I get up .hmm.

I would not take notice to a truck parked for week, Simply because some drivers park at a truck stop and then go home.

I take issue with this practice.For one, It makes drivers become complacent about a truck being there for weeks at a time. Two because they are taking away spots from drivers that need a place to take their mandated rest.

Remember Jason and the proposed Jason's law. Go find legal parking for you truck on your home time, You selfish bastards!!!!!

How would any driver know how long a truck has been parked at a specific truck stop? If we're actually doing our jobs, we're not even at the same truck stop every day. Only the truck stop employees would notice, or maybe a local day-cab guy who parks at truck stop every day for some reason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread