Politics Rules For Posting In Politics Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Feb 1, 2007
I've debated whether to simply use the regular forum rules or make rules specific to this forum (some of which will likely transfer to the rest of the forum). I chose to make specific rules because these are grown up topics and we need grown ups to act like grown ups in here.

I also don't want this place turned into a link/meme/youtube farm, which only helps promote the mainstream media who most don't like anyway. Not to mention, it waters down any chance at serious discussion of important topics, and encourages trolls to participate in threads they likely have no real interest in.

So, keep in mind that regular forum rules apply, and most of this is above and beyond.

Participating in this forum is acceptance of these rules, so probably a good idea to understand them.

• Creating Threads
    It needs to be understood that thread are created to start an actual discussion. If you are creating a thread, you need to have enough vested interest in the topic to post a few sentences to get it started. The more, the better.

Posting a video, news link, or a meme to start a thread with little to no input from you is not what we are looking for, and you can expect these to be deleted once they are noticed, regardless if they have additional posts or not. In other words, post your thoughts to start the discussion, rather than having someone simply to another website to read or listen to their thoughts. Links of any kind when creating a thread need to be support to your actual content, not the other way around.

Threads created simply for posting memes/videos/links will be removed.

• Posting Replies
    Posting replies that are nothing more than a link/meme/video with little to no input from the actual member will also be deleted. Again, we are not here to simply be a link farm or to promote other people's websites. We are a discussion forum, so let's discuss. Use your words, folks.

• No Personal Attacks/Insults/Namecalling
    This goes for the members of the forum, or the people/parties being discussed in the thread. To be clear, it doesn't matter if you are doing it in a joking manner or not. Moderators are not going to be tasked with trying to remember if you might be joking or not. All this does is derail a thread that others might want to actually discuss. When we derail into name calling, the topic of the thread quickly becomes an afterthought.

• Stay On Topic
    If you feel the need to talk about something new, create a new thread. We will not do this for you, and your off topic posts will be removed.

• No Trolling
    Zero tolerance for trolling in the politics forum. Again, grown up topics, so let's act like grown ups.

• No Hate Speech
    No matter how much you disagree with a person, a party, an organization, a movement, or whatever. Any calls or desires toward violence will not be tolerated.

Whether I choose to make this forum viewable to the public or not, all of these rules are to be followed. I have a few directions I am looking to go in that regard, possibly making it not even viewable to new members, but these rules must be followed regardless.

As a reminder, we use a warning system on the forum. Most warnings are 1 point, though some can be higher. When you reach 3 points, that results in an automatic ban. That ban doesn't go away until your points fall below 3. Most points stay active for 30 days. If you have received a warning, you can be sure that it is because we have deleted content of yours more than once recently and feel the need to go to the next level.

Reactions: Sinister
Upvote 0

Mike

Feb 1, 2007
Bumping this as a reminder.

In a nutshell,

When you create a thread or make a post: Have a take, and don't suck. Bring something to the table. If you think a specific party sucks, we probably already know that. Reminding us, or using childish names doesn't help your post, it pretty much dismisses it from being taken seriously.

Reactions: Uncle Birchy
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread