• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Roehl Transport

Roehl Transport is a very good company. They are driver friendly and they are very big on safety. They don't want you to run illegal. Miles are good. Now I'm not saying there won't be issues that come up but they are usually taken care of to the satisfaction of the driver. Main terminal is located in Marshfield, Wisconsin with terminals in Gary, Ind., Ellenwood, Ga and a couple of others.

What are you referring to in regards to drivers making mistakes?
I'm not talking about accidents or such, I'm referring to forgetting to put a trailer lock on an empty trailer or things of that nature.

im considering roehl now.and i was wondering if anybody else had any more comments about them.please let me know of the good and the bad.i would like to try and be more prepared before making a decision.

You do NOT want to work for roehl transport They let me go for no reason they are a very strick company they are by the book

to all

i wouldnt recommend driving for roehl transport i drove otr for them making about 400 dollars a week less then that by the time i paid for my scale tickets. they will tell u they have more loads then drivers but its the exact opposite they have more drivers than loads. they train about 60 drivers every two weeks. i spent 11 days on the road but spent anywhere from 3 to 5 days setting at truck stops waiting for loads. i always delivered my loads on time or ahead of time and would let them know an hour or two before if i was able to make my load earlier and still had to set and wait on a load. and they dont always get u home when u want to be home if u want to be. if u live within a couple of hours of a terminal where they can deadhead u home they will make u set at the terminal till they find u a load getting u closer to home.even if u wanted to be home for something they will make u sit. and they dont keep up there trucks all that well either. i went to there gary terminal having problems with my truck. the truck i had had an apu unit on it and it would hard shut off before it started up again the mechanics told me everything was fine. my next load took me into michigan in the snow i delivered my load and had to set overnite for a load when i finally got a load they routed me thru the marshfield terminal my apu ran all nite but when i went to start my truck it would slowly turn over when i got it started i went to the terminal and put it back in the shop and found out all four of my batteries were bad and werent holding very much of a charge.

My husband drives for Roehl and they have no miles! It is not just him either. He has talked to other Roehl drivers and they are not getting them either. He only made over $500 a week once! He even had one check that was only $127!!! We can not live on this! His on the road trainer told him he should have no problem getting 2,500 miles a week. Not true!! He spends more time sitting than driving! I think they need to quit hiring new drivers until the have enough miles for the ones they have!

My husband drives for Roehl and they have no miles! It is not just him either. He has talked to other Roehl drivers and they are not getting them either. He only made over $500 a week once! He even had one check that was only $127!!! We can not live on this! His on the road trainer told him he should have no problem getting 2,500 miles a week. Not true!! He spends more time sitting than driving! I think they need to quit hiring new drivers until the have enough miles for the ones they have!

Now in March how is your husbands miles looking and what kind of run is he on, 7/7, 7/14, 7/4 or national?

Bossfrog he left Roehl. We were going under with the miles he was getting. They actually called him last month and wanted him to come back. They are good about getting you home but they just have too many drivers.

I've been with ROEHL going on nine years now and have hauled freight in every division they have except for the PDM Bridge account. I've been through the mill as a company driver, trainer and owner operator. While I have had my complaints with them from time to time, overall, I've been satisfied. As for miles, I've been able to turn some pretty good annual totals and average out a pretty good income.

As long as you have a pretty good feel for what you want to do and are able to communicate that effectively, ROEHL will meet you more than half way. I almost always am able to negotiate my load schedules and even take the "trash runs" to set up for the "sweetheart runs."

Several times, I've heard other drivers turn down loads because they "weren't long enough" and called my Fleet manager to grab that load since I've found out early on that there most often is a better load waiting to load out at the other end. In other words, short freight is better than no freight. And in my case, short loads pay more per mile than long loads... Unfortunately, sometimes I end up sitting but that's all part of the game and I've been at this too long to really get upset as long as my monthly and annual averages stay within my target range.

UnkaD;

Thanks for your feedback. I am a brand new driver ( I hope ) just out of CDL school, and am considering going with Roehl. I was a little disappointed with the outdated info on here, and was grateful to see your post. I am starting to realize you can find any opinion you want of any company depending on who's doing the talking, but most of the Roehl negative talk seems old to me.
I am hoping to drive OTR with minimal home time, so I think it will be a nice fit.
I may pick your brain in the next week if any questions come up.
Thanks.
David

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread