Rewards Cards Update for 2015.

Bored Insane

I've seen posts for reward cards, but it didn't seem like recent (1.5 years ago), so is there any changes in the reward cards? And which ones should I have? Which ones to avoid?

I have Love's so far, and will get Pilot today. Not sure where Swift fuels, but I'd like to get things ready for tomorrow.

Thanks.

J

Have them all, but try to focus on using one. I have them all, but fuel only at pilot/J.

This gives me unlimited showers and other perks for the amount of fuel I purchase each month.

My only reason for using Pilot is because that is where I get the biggest fuel discount.

That's funny, but probably true. So I went to Flying J at Buckeye and there was a queue for showers. I hope it doesn't take few hours just to take a shower. There were about a dozen people sitting and watching TV, not sure if all are waiting for shower.

Depends on the time of day you show up for your shower. There are times it makes no sense to shower. It will take hours. Other times, you are in and notified your shower is ready before you can get a printed ticket.

Depends on the time of day you show up for your shower. There are times it makes no sense to shower. It will take hours. Other times, you are in and notified your shower is ready before you can get a printed ticket.
I'd assume it depends on location as well? Buckeye is pretty near central Phx, the store was few miles from Swift HQ but only saw one Swift truck.

The monitor will show the list of people waiting.

The key with showers is to avoid the stops in big cities. Find the remote locations and take your shower in the middle of the day, not at the end of the day when everyone is stopping.

For example, I stopped in my way across Arizona yesterday in Eloy around lunch time, then made my way through Phoenix and into California. Got unloaded and reloaded this morning, and traveled into Barstow, CA. Made my shower stop there around lunch time, and then on out to Kingman to finish my day.

Tomorrow my shower/30 minute break stop will be in New Mexico at the Pilot that used to be the old Giant truck stop. Again, not in a big city, and not in peak shower useage hours.

Heading to Savannah, Georgia with the load, but tomorrow's shower is as far ahead as I have trip planned so far...

The monitor will show the list of people waiting.

The key with showers is to avoid the stops in big cities. Find the remote locations and take your shower in the middle of the day, not at the end of the day when everyone is stopping.

For example, I stopped in my way across Arizona yesterday in Eloy around lunch time, then made my way through Phoenix and into California. Got unloaded and reloaded this morning, and traveled into Barstow, CA. Made my shower stop there around lunch time, and then on out to Kingman to finish my day.

Tomorrow my shower/30 minute break stop will be in New Mexico at the Pilot that used to be the old Giant truck stop. Again, not in a big city, and not in peak shower useage hours.

Heading to Savannah, Georgia with the load, but tomorrow's shower is as far ahead as I have trip planned so far...

Nice, it sounds good (w/o knowing better).

You'll also learn which shower stops to avoid due to just poor housekeeping or crappy showers too. But there will be times a hot running shower rules period.

And get shower shoes too.

Guys please, let's keep it clean:
What happens in the shower stays in the shower!
Shower shoes are for real though.

Just cheap flip-flops from a dollar store.

Don't wear them anywhere but inside the shower room or you'll contribute to a negative stereotype of megafleet van drivers though. :rolleyes:

The purpose is to prevent athletes foot. They never actually wash those floors or use bleach. They just wipe down the walls.

To wash your feet, stand on one foot, remove flip-flop, wash foot, rinse, put flip flop back on, switch to other foot.

Shower shoes are for real though.

Just cheap flip-flops from a dollar store.

Don't wear them anywhere but inside the shower room or you'll contribute to a negative stereotype of megafleet van drivers though. :rolleyes:

The purpose is to prevent athletes foot. They never actually wash those floors or use bleach. They just wipe down the walls.

To wash your feet, stand on one foot, remove flip-flop, wash foot, rinse, put flip flop back on, switch to other foot.

Thank you Duck for that detailed info. So, people don't walk in flip flops from store to truck?

BTW: my wife has slippers for hotels and even different one for visiting other people's houses.

Thank you Duck for that detailed info. So, people don't walk in flip flops from store to truck?

Sure they do. And compliment them with baggy, torn sweat pants, and filthy t-shirts with a multitude of holes. They pee on the concrete and crap in bags they throw out the window... all within 50' of the truckstop. Oh yeah, can't manage to park their trucks except if its just to block access to the scales or exit. That's the megafleet loser driver stereotype.

Pay attention grasshopper! The guys are trying to edjumacate you right. Try real shoes, and reasonably clean clothes!

And while we're on it... the fuel island is not temporary parking for showers, lunch, etc, and after you've fueled - pull forward!

Thank you Duck for that detailed info. So, people don't walk in flip flops from store
There's sort of a dress code, enforced mostly just by the wisecracking peanut gallery that we are all part of.

Real work boots, no sweat pants or wife beater t-shirts, no fingerless driving gloves, and don't walk around the truck stop wearing your bluetooth headset.

It's not the law or anything, but those things simply make a guy look like an idiot and the more judgemental drivers get pissed. If you're wearing all of the above, some ass hole is likely to take a candid picture of you and post it on a trucking related Facebook page.

@Mike wears sweat pants & fingerless gloves but we can't make fun of him for it because he owns the site. :toothpick:

Be sure to check the monitor before you swipe your card for a shower. I made the mistake of not checking and half the showers were being renovated. Huge line.

...Real work boots, no sweat pants or wife beater t-shirts, no fingerless driving gloves, and don't walk around the truck stop wearing your bluetooth headset...
It's funny you say that because I saw exactly those people today at Flying J at Buckeye. They were talking through the headset, wearing sweat pants, etc...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread