Resume. 8 years of experience in Transportation, Logistics, International Trade.

Re: Resume. 8 years of experience in Transportation, Logistics, International Tr

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

Tks again and pls keep posting.

Re: Resume. 8 years of experience in Transportation, Logistics, International Tr

I am in NJ/NY/CT area(but can move, if necessary), so if you think your company may be looking for people, PM me contact info(e-mail, fax, name) of the person you think may be interested, I will forward my resume and if it will work out, beer on me.

Ok what seems to be the problem,that resume is 2 yrs old,figured you'd land a job by now.Nothing seems to be wrong with your personality.So why have'nt noone hired you????????????????????
I am in NJ/NY/CT area(but can move, if necessary), so if you think your company may be looking for people, PM me contact info(e-mail, fax, name) of the person you think may be interested, I will forward my resume and if it will work out, beer on me.

I am employed now, thank you for your post. The company I work for is not bad, but compensation package is on weak side. We just lost one guy(he left the company). And I am closer to warehouse side of the business, than transportation, which is not an issue, but I think I can be more useful in right the place.

Good deal glad you found a job.After reading post#42,I thought u may be still looking.Who cares what side of the company you're at.As you said it's not an issue.Be thankful you have a job.

Yes, I AM looking for a job, it may be anything, including part time, temp-to-perm.

If you live in the CT-NYC-NJ area and you can't find a driving job, then you ain't going to find one anywhere.

Boone315,

I think exctly what you think, this area should be one of the best to find a job. On a side note, I am not a driver, more office/warehouse, so I am not a competitor for you.

Thought you said you were looking for a long distance driving job, don't worry, you are not competing with me. We have guys from up here who commute down to the cities every Sunday because of their driving jobs, spend the week down there then come home on Friday nights or Saturday mornings. Wal mart and Target D/C's pay well enough for them to do that or they haul garbage, those companies will hire anybody

Boone315,

I think exctly what you think, this area should be one of the best to find a job. On a side note, I am not a driver, more office/warehouse, so I am not a competitor for you.

We,Don't really worry about competition in trucking.There are enough jobs to go around.

We,Don't really worry about competition in trucking.There are enough jobs to go around.

And ever since the "fitness for duty" bs and the drug and alcohol testing, there seems to have been a significant increase in turnover in the industry.

Also, truck driving is one job that can never be "outsourced". Just try and sent the work to China, India or Pakistan.

And ever since the "fitness for duty" bs and the drug and alcohol testing, there seems to have been a significant increase in turnover in the industry.

Also, truck driving is one job that can never be "outsourced". Just try and sent the work to China, India or Pakistan.

Nope,They can't outsource trucking.So India and Pakistan come over here to do it.

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: Experience resume

Best regards.

Thank you for the link mrngorickets.

Turnover rate may be high at one company and not so bad at another. Some companies are willing to give a second chance to drivers. We had new driver, who worked for couple of months, he just got new truck and made $25K damage to it(just 600 miles on odometer). He was still with the company when I left.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread