Restaurant delivery trucks cargo destroyed after food found to be unfit

Cybergal

Restaurant delivery truck’s cargo destroyed after food found to be unfit
TERRE HAUTE — A restaurant delivery truck had its load confiscated and destroyed Friday after local health officials determined the cargo was unfit for human consumption.

At about 12:15 p.m., Indiana State Police Commercial Motor Vehicle Officer Roger Wheasler stopped a refrigerated truck on U.S. 41 near Springhill Road at the south edge of Terre Haute.

The traffic stop was for a seatbelt violation allegedly committed by the male driver.

During the traffic stop, Officer Wheasler began conducting his inspection of the required paperwork, refrigerated load and the truck. It was during these inspections that Wheasler noticed the interior compartment of the refrigeration unit appeared to be at 81 degrees. Further investigation found the refrigeration cooling unit had been placed in the off position, therefore not allowing for continuous cooling of the delivery products. Stored in the compartment were approximately 400 pounds of assorted meats, such as chicken, clams, fish and other seafood. The temperature should have been at 40 degrees or cooler.

Terre Haute News, Terre Haute, Indiana- TribStar.com - Restaurant delivery truck’s cargo destroyed after food found to be unfit

Looks like some people were spared some evil episodes of 'woe man shoo."

I belive that........just for sh*t and giggles check out some of the produce at your local grocery store........and take a smell at the fish...........

No telling what happened here . I read a letter from a reefer driver in a Canadian trucking magazine complaining someone had shut his unit off during the night when he was parked at a small parking lot . Luckily there was no damage because he noticed it in time .

I've seen seafood transfer on docks in the middle of summer that had know freezers.
and the stuff was sitting defrosting for hours...............

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread