Requirement to have med card in possession expires

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
By Jami Jones, Land Line managing editor

While truckers may be happy that they are now no longer required to carry their medical cards with them on the road, it might be a good idea to hang onto it anyway. In December 2008, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration issued a final rule that requires drivers to present proof of medical certification to their state driver’s licensing agency each time they get their medical card renewed. The states are required to enter the certification into the Commercial Drivers License Information System – dubbed CDLIS – for law enforcement to access on the roadside.

That reg was supposed to go into effect in 2011. But, there were states that weren’t ready to enter the certification information into CDLIS. So, FMCSA delayed the requirement that states enter the information until Jan. 30, 2015, even though truckers still had to present their cards to the DMV.

- See more at: http://www.landlinemag.com/Story.aspx?StoryID=28445#.VNN3_C7ANuI

That is great news, Because I have not carried a copy of my medical for ten years now. I have never been axed for it.

It's ridiculous news.

What if someone wants a CDL just to have one? Do they need to carry a physical too? What if a guy wants a Class A CDL just in case his 76.00 an hour Janitor job gets laid off?

Your med card is now tied to your CDL as a driver...but what if you have a CDL, and are NOT a driver?

That's my drunk ass point here.

You should be free to get any damn license you want.

...and honestly...you fat bastards...if you can breathe and walk...you can drive a truck.

There's a company that advertises IN CAB FIFTH WHEEL release.

I can' t help but thing "Holy Crap...how much of a useless, steering wheel holding fatass can one be??"

Pride in your job?? In what exactly??

Really.

This is why us heavy haulers look down on you people. Like the large companies and stupid wrecks...I'm done making excuses for you.

Yup...went off a bit there.

Point is, I really hope the office wins this battle because we've got pics to provide our character us correct, Period,.

Last edited:
This is why us heavy haulers look down on you people. Like the large companies and stupid wrecks...I'm done making excuses for you.

Well...
Junior came by today to salvage a mirror off my parts truck...
because an OD driver took his off in a Kansas rest area Wednesday...
and Junior didn't want him to get jammed up over a minor flub up...
So, you owe us one.
:)

TALK TO YOUR PEOPLE!!
:mad:

You owe me 40 bucks.
:toothpick:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread