Trucking Regulations: RENAUL KERAX

dragomirko

Guys what do you think about renault kerax 2003 6x4 tipper?
Are there any problems with them?

Last edited:
Guys what do you think about renault kerax 2003 6x4 tipper?
Are there any problems with them?
if you live in another country where they are easliy sold and serviced, you will have to tell us.

i'd imagine that if you had one shipped here to the states,(if you live in the USA) you might find getting a shop to work on one, difficult as parts would not be in stock, and have to be ordered, might be a very long time before you get back on the road again

may have to go to a volvo dealer since they own Renault.

@Flemming Andersen , any opinion on these? This guy is in your part of the world.

I don't have much experience with Renault trucks, I have driven the Renault Magnum on 2 or 3 trips back in 1995, when I was in traffic between Denmark and Greece...
So my experience won't be worth much, Renaults are in general comfortable rides, pretty reliable drivetrain, however the interior quality lacks a lot behind... Quirky plastics etc..
I would guess that having a Renault serviced in the USA, would be through a Mack dealership, since some Renaults in Europe, has been using Mack engines, and I noted once I saw an American movie, that you guys have a Mack model for city distribution, that uses a Renault cab

I don't know what quality the US Volvo's are, but over here, they have a pretty decent build quality, though I am not a fan of the new. Dashboard design , I looks like something Ikea designed 😂😂😂
you get the general feeling that unless you drive a peterbilt in the United States, you ain't shitt

I don't know what quality the US Volvo's are, but over here, they have a pretty decent build quality, though I am not a fan of the new. Dashboard design , I looks like something Ikea designed 😂😂😂
Volvo, over here anyway, are on par or maybe a bit better than Freightliner. Both brands work good for dry van or reefer type work but anything else they fall apart.

Guys will hook one up to a stepdeck then wonder why they get stuck. Running super singles behind an auto in an aero truck is NOT designed for open deck work. Guys will try to tell you different but they’ll also try to tell you the sun sets in the east, too.

I think Freightliner has to be the cheapest built truck next to Volvo

For the record, and in case this guy shows back up, he is not driving in the United States.

I think Freightliner has to be the cheapest built truck next to Volvo
They give the mega fleets the biggest discounts.

Chicken or egg though makes me wonder. Are they cheapest built to give biggest discounts or do they give biggest discounts because they're cheapest built.

IOW would they build them better if the megas didn't insist on such low prices. *Shrug*

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread