Reefer Shipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Best Rate

Hey guys Ive read a lot on here but thought it was time to finally register.

I am a former driver that became a self broker (Still drive a bit on weekends). Anyways I have a shipment for a client that is a full truck load of hanging beef from Wisconsin to Concord Ontario and will be a regular shipment. The last guy I had stopped going into the states so we are in need of a new carrier to do this regular shipment. I have made a lot of phone calls (and posted on load link) but am unable to find someone to do it for a reasonable price so I thought Id try here. The last guy did the load for about 2400$ but so far the closest rate I have got now is 6000$. Its no more than 700 miles just need the right type of equipment. Anyone on here able to handle something like that or know of someone who can? Our company information can be found in the link below or feel free to let me know your price on here. If you send a referral I will gladly split the commission with you.

thanks

Best Rate Transportation

We are a Canadian Based company and do not operate under the same regulations as what is required in the United States (actually nothing is required as far as Mc# and surety bonds go). With that being said we are in the process of getting a surety bond for the 75k (until that time we will pay you after pick up but before the shipment is delivered). Our MC number is 808367. That was from when the company had its own trucks so not sure its still active.

OK, that sounds like a decent deal. It's pretty tough to get someone like myself to haul for a new broker and no credit score. Paying upon delivery will put you on the fast track with The Internet Truckstop and their credit department.

There's only a handful of us on here with our own authority so you probably won't have much luck. I pull a flatbed so won't do much good unless I tarp your load and put like a 5,000btu AC unit under it?

Good luck though!

That was from when the company had its own trucks so not sure its still active.

Lol...Far from it. They slammed the door in your face for some reason. Never saw a red bold notice like that before. For me, it wouldn't matter. Paying on delivery I could care less about anything else.

Ya i just checked it out. We need to get the 75K broker bond in order for it to be reinstated so I will get on that. But exactly like you said we we always pay our new carriers upfront until we establish a credit rating with them, not expecting anyone to take a risk for us. I'm not sure about the tarp and AC unit passing the Food inspection hear but maybe something to look into lol.
We have a ton of flat bed work (we specialize in agricultural Equipment) can you cross into Canada or do you operate only in the States?

I do Canada also. I just have a hard time driving on the left. You guys don't give me much room.

I just did a search for Refer loads coming back to the states. I did a 100 mile radius search from Concord and only came up with 22 loads so I can see why people are quoting you larger rates.

haha but I thought all Canadians are so nice and courteous! Ya i've been working on this for a full week and am pretty well stuck. I know for flats we generally run 3+ a mile into Ontario and hope to get 2.50 coming back into the States but not overly familiar with Reefer shipments. Also keep in mind that today is a holiday and majority of companies are closed so likely why the load rates are low.

Looks like the rates your being quoted are for round trip unless they could come up with a back haul. I did do a little searching and even dead heading to Detroit doesn't show much promise. We have a Canadian driver on here. Rig something or other. Oh ya, @rigjockey

He's not the brightest bulb in the batch but shove in a little hockey talk and beer and he'll perk right up.

I really don't do Canada unless it's something special and most times it's for the government or getting to Alaska.

I am a former driver that became a self broker (Still drive a bit on weekends). Anyways I have a shipment for a client that is a full truck load of hanging beef from Wisconsin to Concord Ontario and will be a regular shipment. The last guy I had stopped going into the states so we are in need of a new carrier to do this regular shipment. I have made a lot of phone calls (and posted on load link) but am unable to find someone to do it for a reasonable price so I thought Id try here. The last guy did the load for about 2400$ but so far the closest rate I have got now is 6000$. Its no more than 700 miles just need the right type of equipment. Anyone on here able to handle something like that or know of someone who can? Our company information can be found in the link below or feel free to let me know your price on here. If you send a referral I will gladly split the commission with you.

thanks

Best Rate Transportation

I've been pulling reefers for 9 years. The only company I know of, other than some local day-cab outfits in Chicago that still hauls swing loads is K&B Transportation out of South Sioux City, NE.

I don't know if they do Canada though.

http://www.kbtransportation.com/corp/contact-us

I think @rigjockey pulls reefers between Canada & the USA but probably not swing loads.

Swing loads require a special trailer with hooks on the ceiling that can support the entire weight of the load from the roof/ceiling of the trailer. I've seen some with racks that are supported off the floor but for the most part, these days all we see in the way of large carcass sections being shipped is "combos".

A "combo" is basically a topless cardboard box stapled to a pallet, containing a ton or so of the same large sections of animal carcasses (or just a big heap of one particular part from many animals) inside a plastic liner.

Most carriers quit hauling swing loads due to rollover accidents caused by drivers who don't understand the physics of hauling a load that's hanging from a hook on the ceiling & swings outwards on curves.

When you say"regular"...I ask....how regular. Once a week? Twice a week? Month? Quarter?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Why don't you ask your last guy what backhaul he had from the states and see if you can swing a deal with the shipper at the other end to do a two way route. load down and load up again. That would reduce the costs if you aren't having to allow for deadhead fees.

When you say"regular"...I ask....how regular. Once a week? Twice a week? Month? Quarter?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It varied from a couple times a week to once a month with 1 a week being normal. It just depended on the orders the business had coming in I believe, never really asked just moved the shipments as required.

Why don't you ask your last guy what backhaul he had from the states and see if you can swing a deal with the shipper at the other end to do a two way route. load down and load up again. That would reduce the costs if you aren't having to allow for deadhead fees.

Thats a good idea not really sure why I haven't thought of that. There has got to be a way to do it cheaper than 6k anyways or maybe theres not and why the last carrier heading into the States. I will keep you posted on how this works out though.!
Thanks

thanks

Best Rate Transportation
hi I have 4 reefers out of dallas, tx. Can you help me to find regular loads? my drivers run 3500 miles a week..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread