Reasons why a strike/boycott won't work

Don't Be Discouraged

Silversurfer:

You right, more and more people are getting past the why, and are thinker what the hell is happening here, and what can I do to relieve the stress for thenselves, their families, and friends that are suffering the lack of the problem salving skills of the Oil Slicks Congress. I'm sure we are all hearing more and more stories of bankrupts, depression, and even suicides in their neighborhoods and towns. There is a breaking point, there is always a breaking point, and that is when all hell will break loss and bring people out on the streets. It's happening here and there around the country, and around the world. It's the bleeding hearts that think we should all stop conplaining and just start walking to work.

I think that there are people who are closer to the problem who are think what is holding people back from rioting in the streets like they are in other parts of the world. But look at what just happened in London ..... like I've said in the past, Europeans tend to be a bit more explosive when someone craps in their sandbox. Americans tend to wait longer to see if their government will react. The Europeans have gone through two wars, and have learned not to depend on their governments, and that has in fact made the governments respond farter and more deliberate. Look at Italy, they have gone through over 50 different government since the end of WWII. The people vote a non-confidence (recall) in the government and the next day they are looking for another. We need laws that allow a non-confidence vote when a government reaches a approval rating of less than 49%. Congress right now has a rating of 11%, and Bushit has a rating of 21%, and Cheney, the puppet master has a rating of, as far as I can tell, 01%.

In the mean time we need to keep plugging away ..... Want we should be doing today is trying to make contact with the truckers in Europe and try to form a "Hands Across the Sea" information exchange. It wouldn't hurt to at least if there was some way we could coordinate strikes an boycott. I may be wrong but in England ESSO OIL is EXXON in the U.S.

I think we would all like to see more results from our work, but remember most of us are new to this way of fighting and will sometimes expect faster results. Just keep writing letters, get your friend to write letters, put poster up with the addresses of your Congressmen, and ask people to write them.

I do have to say that I really tired of those with their own agendas that don't directly relate to the truckers plight. Right now I couldn't care less about child-care in California, and those who rattle on, and on, and on about all the other injustices in the world. Right now we need to be single minded ...... Strikes, and Boycotts.

I've got more and more people asking where they can get the signs like the ones in the windows of my Bronco II.

Silversurfer:

You right, more and more people are getting past the why, and are thinker what the hell is happening here, and what can I do to relieve the stress for thenselves, their families, and friends that are suffering the lack of the problem salving skills of the Oil Slicks Congress. I'm sure we are all hearing more and more stories of bankrupts, depression, and even suicides in their neighborhoods and towns. There is a breaking point, there is always a breaking point, and that is when all hell will break loss and bring people out on the streets. It's happening here and there around the country, and around the world. It's the bleeding hearts that think we should all stop conplaining and just start walking to work.

I think that there are people who are closer to the problem who are think what is holding people back from rioting in the streets like they are in other parts of the world. But look at what just happened in London ..... like I've said in the past, Europeans tend to be a bit more explosive when someone craps in their sandbox. Americans tend to wait longer to see if their government will react. The Europeans have gone through two wars, and have learned not to depend on their governments, and that has in fact made the governments respond farter and more deliberate. Look at Italy, they have gone through over 50 different government since the end of WWII. The people vote a non-confidence (recall) in the government and the next day they are looking for another. We need laws that allow a non-confidence vote when a government reaches a approval rating of less than 49%. Congress right now has a rating of 11%, and Bushit has a rating of 21%, and Cheney, the puppet master has a rating of, as far as I can tell, 01%.

In the mean time we need to keep plugging away ..... Want we should be doing today is trying to make contact with the truckers in Europe and try to form a "Hands Across the Sea" information exchange. It wouldn't hurt to at least if there was some way we could coordinate strikes an boycott. I may be wrong but in England ESSO OIL is EXXON in the U.S.

I think we would all like to see more results from our work, but remember most of us are new to this way of fighting and will sometimes expect faster results. Just keep writing letters, get your friend to write letters, put poster up with the addresses of your Congressmen, and ask people to write them.

I do have to say that I really tired of those with their own agendas that don't directly relate to the truckers plight. Right now I couldn't care less about child-care in California, and those who rattle on, and on, and on about all the other injustices in the world. Right now we need to be single minded ...... Strikes, and Boycotts.

I've got more and more people asking where they can get the signs like the ones in the windows of my Bronco II.
I like your way of thinking , I'm in agreement with all you have said. Also, you are right, it is not about fixing all the problems in the world today. It is about focusing our efforts, prioritize and as Badit has stated 'One battle at a time". This is so critical.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread