Question about logbook problems

ddsutto

I know I was a evil person for not doing my logs right but my safety department caught up with me and audited me. So I got suspended and was let go. My question is for people who have ever did this before is my career with trucking now down the drains or can I get a new job somewhere else. I had one company turn me down because of log book problems and was just wanting to know if this is happening all over.

It must have been a serious violation for the company to let you go over it. Was this a first time problem, or had you been warned before?

Or maybe there was other problems too?

It is kind of hard to answer your question when we don't know all of the story.

It must have been a serious violation for the company to let you go over it. Was this a first time problem, or had you been warned before?

Or maybe there was other problems too?

It is kind of hard to answer your question when we don't know all of the story.

Wut He said ^^

Heh... most employers will at least give an employee one written warning before dismisal, unless the infraction was extereme in nature. Log-book violations are usually good for a few warnings before you get a boot on your butt.

Dammit driver, what'd you do?

It was the first time I had ever got caught. I was suspended and the way they was talking was like I was going to get fired anyways so I decided to dismiss myself. Now the company is saying im not rehireable. I did have one accident were a paper plant claimed I hit a RR crossing light back in Jan. I have pictures to prove it didnt happen from me but my safety dept wouldnt budge back when I argued against the claim but thats about it. As for the RR light it was a case about were I moved out onto the street to back up to get into the plant because of were it was real crowded. As I was backing up and pulling in the guy came out and claimed I knocked down one of the lights on the crossing when I was backing up. I took a picture of the light and you can see by the pictures that around the light it is bent but it is bent foward. The person who hit it had to be coming foward and I was backing up and I remember to this day that I saw those RR crossing bucks in my mirror when I backed up.

And now we know the rest of the story, or at least a little more of it.

Getting past screw ups is not easy, but persistence and sincerity go a long ways.

Good luck.

a friend of mine had a similar problem
he tried a different approach
he turned the tables on the carrier
and claimed that they were forcing him
to make false entries in his log book
and left because they were making him break the law
worth a try

I know I was a evil person for not doing my logs right but my safety department caught up with me and audited me. So I got suspended and was let go. My question is for people who have ever did this before is my career with trucking now down the drains or can I get a new job somewhere else. I had one company turn me down because of log book problems and was just wanting to know if this is happening all over.
Where is glenn when we need him. He would straighten out this guy for sure.

How severe is your log book violations????????????and how many in a row do you have???????Did you just not do them and the log dept had some missing???????????????If you have alot of violations then I would think a company won't hire you especially with the CSA.Many companies can't afford to have drivers that have too many violations and/or just does'nt do their logs like they're suppose to.I would say just keep on looking and take this as a lesson to do your logs and LEGALLY.

Worth a try yes,but you know what that company will ask him,did they hold a gun to your head,you could have said no.I'm not going to buy that story.I think they may have heard the same story a thousand times.If it were me I would tell them straight up,I was stupid I had violations I learned my lesson and all I can do is ask you for a chance.Companies like honesty.
a friend of mine had a similar problem
he tried a different approach
he turned the tables on the carrier
and claimed that they were forcing him
to make false entries in his log book
and left because they were making him break the law
worth a try

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread