Quebec!

SueAnn

Be safe guys, much love
3168284._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg
Driving home from New York, I had to go through Quebec. I even tried to bribe the dispatcher to let me cross in Cornwall, he wasn't having it.

Americans have California, Canadians have Quebec. Short of sending them adrift somehow, I don't see why we can't build a big wall and tell them to get lost.

Guessing my way through the signs, since there is no English anywhere, With a lot of guessing I got out of there.. If the rest of Canada has to be bilingual, why doesn't Quebec?? And they wonder why the rest of the country doesn't like going there?

If we got rid of them, the speed limitors would be right behind them!! And we all know how I feel about that.

I get passed like I'm backing up by Manitoba and Saskatchewan trucks all the time.
From what I have seen of those B.C. b-train board haulers that come to Anchorage on occasion, those Manitoba and Saskatchewan trucks might have some competition further west.

I thought Ontario was the first to do that?

Just looked it up, it took effect in both provinces on January 01 2009.

Dan Einwechter of Challenger Motor Freight threw his weight behind it as well. BS mega move.
Do they actively enforce it?

Not from what I understand. I see way too many trucks that run out of there doing well above a buck five.

Like a child with ADD, they’re now on to other issues. Tampered emissions is their next big target.
They enforce it if it's reported or if the driver is blatantly way over the speed limit. Otherwise, they get away with it. There are garages that will turn it up for you for a mere $100. But your company soon catches on.

They enforce it if it's reported or if the driver is blatantly way over the speed limit. Otherwise, they get away with it. There are garages that will turn it up for you for a mere $100. But your company soon catches on.
Yes true. What I meant was, I don’t think they’re hauling trucks around back and checking for it specifically as often as they were.

The trucks I mostly see well above the limit are the dirtbags.

Yes true. What I meant was, I don’t think they’re hauling trucks around back and checking for it specifically as often as they were.

The trucks I mostly see well above the limit are the dirtbags.
Exactly. Time is money!

I wish they were still hauling them in and checking for them. I have a friend on the OPP and I give him a tip here and there of the really bad ones. Even in the blitz they caught speeders. I can't remember the exact number they were all inspected and charged accordingly.

Exactly. Time is money!

I wish they were still hauling them in and checking for them. I have a friend on the OPP and I give him a tip here and there of the really bad ones. Even in the blitz they caught speeders. I can't remember the exact number they were all inspected and charged accordingly.
Narc.

It's only Ontario and Quebec with the limiter thing but Ontario is no better. It'd be a cold day in hell before either drops it. Ontario may as well since they stopped plugging in and so many are turning up trucks anyway..... But you know it's all about $$$$afety with these cocksuckers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread