ProStar with ISX15 secures 10,000-plus orders for Cummins SCR engines

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
LISLE, Ill. — Navistar Inc. today announced they have secured more than 10,000 orders for International Trucks powered by the Cummins ISX15 engine and Cummins SCR aftertreatment system. The announcement comes seven months after the re-introduction of the industry leading truck and engine combination.

“The International ProStar with ISX has a strong reputation within the industry and we are seeing increased interest for this configuration across our key segments,” says Bill Kozek, president, North American Truck and Parts, Navistar. “We brought Cummins ISX back for a reason – our customers demanded a capable and efficient 15-liter solution within our International ProStar chassis, and this milestone along with the number of repeat orders, is a testament to customer acceptance.”

In addition to availability in International’s ProStar model, the engine was also re-launched in the International® PayStar 5900 Set-Back Axle and the International® 9900i in April of this year.

full story

Paccar having a catastrophic entry to truck engines didn't have a thing to do with it I suspect.

Well I know that. But the immense failure of their 13 and 14's products have probably sent potential customers to International in droves!

I wouldn't consider any new Paccar product and if new is required then International is my next choice.

Ditto. PACCAR may get their poop together in the future but they are struggling with those motors. We had 50. They are blowing heads, some problem with rod caps, their SCR injectors, and the rears have all needed the pinion nut re-torqued at about 250,000.

Now there have been some that have had zero issues. But once they do PACCAR shops can not.even get them right.

Wonder how long it will be before you can order a Detroit or Cummings?

Detroit? Not until Daimler sells either Freightliner or Detroit.

But you can still get MBE.

Detroit? Not until Daimler sells either Freightliner or Detroit.

But you can still get MBE.
From what I've always heard, Mercedes sucked almost as bad as Volvo at making engines for class 8 American trucks.

Ditto. PACCAR may get their poop together in the future but they are struggling with those motors. We had 50. They are blowing heads, some problem with rod caps, their SCR injectors, and the rears have all needed the pinion nut re-torqued at about 250,000.

Now there have been some that have had zero issues. But once they do PACCAR shops can not.even get them right.

Wonder how long it will be before you can order a Detroit or Cummings?
Magnum ordered 100+ 13's and 14's.

Delivery was delayed 2 months due to a software glitch and then delivery commenced only to have the drivers of these precious babies find out .... The truck still has software issues.

Delivery was stalled again while Paccar relented to Allstate's request to part out undelivered units to make the delivered units run....well....

If one had a problem with part "a",,, who thought its be a good idea to take "a" out of one unit to "fix" another?.

Reminds me of a time we rolled a Cat off road forklift and Ziegler came out to right it...

College boy spun that sucker around and around for 3 hours before he stepped aside.

Oh when our's first arrived our mechanics loved them. See we were not allowed the program because it was still a beta(whatever that means) and they did not want our lowly guys plugging into it. Enter two very dapper looking techs (not mechanics but techs as in computer) to come update the trucks we had just received. Now you may be questioning why you would need to update a truck with less than fifty miles on it. We never found out because whatever they did they all had to go back to Rush. Something about a ground wire being unattached and voltage spike.

Really I liked my 587 until it kept throwing a fit when I would get to half a tank of DEF. 3 times in Peterbilt shops and all the mechanics said the same thing "Well we cleared the code and it's not coming back."

It happened the last time on a Friday in Ar. Called Donny at 1700 and he told me yeah right you want to sit over the weekend?

Nope would can I do. Told me do not shut it off, it will mot derate(another flaw in the programming) so long as the key stays on.

Chico plugged it in when I got back. We were allowed by then. I do not know what all those flashing lights meant, but.apparenrly I finally broke it enough they had to fix it. Took them two weeks, and then it slung a road coming back from Rush. Still see the old girl at the yard sometimes. I have put 207,000 on this truck since I left that one. The last driver gave me the mileage on the old one. Right about 30,000. But it has an all new def, motor, one rear, apu, and AC system.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread