• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

prime inc.

Hey everyone i have a question about prime inc. They offer a 600 per week option. or 12cpm for all miles you and your trainer drice. Am i better off just going with the 600

He wasn't being rude, he seemed to be genuinely interested in a job that pays so well.

And the other guy didn't call everyone douche bags, he called them dooche bags. Whatever that is.

Mr Racer that was his typo "dooche bags" i just corrected his error without mentioning to him..LOL

LMAO,:monkeydance: no not in hungary, she is one of them that waits for the paycheck to spend it as fast as i make it :tapeshut:.....so my spelling sucks, never said i was perfect :headscratch2:

I ignore most spelling errors, unless they're funny.

Mr Duck .He got to be leased on ... And there is no reason to be a RUDE and insult rest of the drivers when they trying to make it living very rude on him that he was calling rest of driver "DOUCHE BAGS".. A good person never ever brag about how much he /she makes ..TO ME THATS SHOW OFF..

We're truck drivers. That's what we do. We make fun of each other for their slow trucks, the company they drive for, the quality of truck they're driving, how often they get home, etc. Nobody takes it very seriously because it's rarely ever intended that way. If we had to be dancing on egg-shells all the time, we'd never have anything to talk about.

Tom.

Somewhere in that one sentence paragraph you touch on fuel mileage.

Could you expand on that thought? Hard numbers? I have listened to both sides of the argument, and even tried some techniques myself, and still don't really see a correlation between driving at about 62 and still earning the same income.

At least from a company driver's point of view.

Sure, if you crawl along at 62 day after day you save some fuel, and fuel is the single largest expense for a freight company, next to the employees.

But the carriers don't seem to be passing any of those savings in fuel costs along to the very people who are saving then the fuel expense.

Here's what I think happens. Prime took a look at their driver pay at some point in time, and figured that if they lower the mileage pay, then compensate by giving them that money back, in the form of a "fuel bonus", they would think they're making good money when they're actually not making any more than what's typical for a big fleet.

I think that's what my company did too. We top out at 24.5 or 25% of the gross, something like that, ... and then if we jump through their little hoops, we get 4 cents per mile "on the hub" (the Qualcomm actually logs the miles and uploads them) and with the balance between high-paying outbound and low paying backhaul freight, plus the bonus, it works out to about 40 cpm. I think at some point in time they decided to cut the drivers down from maybe 27% to 25% and give us 4 cpm to compensate so we think it's a "bonus".

Most of the mega-fleet carriers have drivers sitting around at truck stops all the time waiting for loads anyway, so I think Prime decided that by making the trucks only go 62 mph and by brainwashing their drivers to convince them they're making more money at 50 mph, each trip takes longer, so they don't notice as much layover time too. And the trucks use less fuel, so instead of listening to drivers bitch about not having a load, or paying out layover pay, they in turn SAVE money by keeping them out on the road longer and having less layover time. And all they gotta do is hire a hypnotist to conduct orientation training.

Prime Orientation Hypnotist said:
Watch the spinning spiral wheel,... you're getting tired, .... your eyelids are getting heavy, .... so heavy, .... picture yourself moving slowly, ... verrryyyy sssllllllllloooooooowwwwww..... it's so relaxing, .... you're saving so much money, ...... you'll save $100,000 a year on fuel, ......

Tom.

Somewhere in that one sentence paragraph you touch on fuel mileage.

Could you expand on that thought? Hard numbers? I have listened to both sides of the argument, and even tried some techniques myself, and still don't really see a correlation between driving at about 62 and still earning the same income.

At least from a company driver's point of view.

Sure, if you crawl along at 62 day after day you save some fuel, and fuel is the single largest expense for a freight company, next to the employees.

But the carriers don't seem to be passing any of those savings in fuel costs along to the very people who are saving then the fuel expense.

I am running a 387 pete I average between 7.5mpg to 8.3mpg running the speeds i do
the higher the mpg the bigger the fuel bonus is and your right the company is saving a lot more then they pay out in bonus but what can you do about that, so basically it is what it is, the price of being a company driver, but i dont see my self buying anotehr truck in this economy.
as for when i sleep while a student drives, bascially all my new students drive during the day, about 6 to 8 hours then i drivee and then parked the truck and nap till sun up, and repeat as i see they are able to do ok I nap during the day and slowly expand on there drive time until the end of there training when by then we are running liek a team. and it is a scary thing to sleep while someone inexp drives but at some point you have to lossen the leash and get a few ZZZZ's

Most of the mega-fleet carriers have drivers sitting around at truck stops all the time waiting for loads anyway, so I think Prime decided that by making the trucks only go 62 mph and by brainwashing their drivers to convince them they're making more money at 50 mph, each trip takes longer, so they don't notice as much layover time too. And the trucks use less fuel, so instead of listening to drivers bitch about not having a load, or paying out layover pay, they in turn SAVE money by keeping them out on the road longer and having less layover time. And all they gotta do is hire a hypnotist to conduct orientation training.

I Never sit and am always early on my loads but then i get reloaded fast as well.

I Never sit and am always early on my loads but then i get reloaded fast as well.

I'm not sure what it's like at other companies. But when I was at Covenant, with my trainer, we were constantly moving too. Lots of miles, coast to coast several times over 3 weeks. Then they teamed me up with another rookie, "the blind leading the blind" or another 3 weeks. And we were constantly moving then too, except we were doing a lot of east coast at 48 state pay grade.

When I went solo, I was sitting around a lot. I still went coast to coast a few times, but I spent more time in truck stops than I did at home. I didn't bitch much though. I didn't mind sitting around all the time because at that time, I was single and sort of "homeless" and the only bills I had were for my cell phone and car insurance. Lots of other drivers I talked to at Covenant said that they give all the miles to the rookies and to the trainers.

I have a question i work 5 nights a week, i go from pa to mass and right back empty hauling meat, 620 miles x .42 cents = 260$ i also get 5$ a pallet for unloading always 28 pallets = 140$ 400$ a night night times 5= 2,000$ gross a week, you guys keep on trucking over the road and have fun

I have a question i work 5 nights a week, i go from pa to mass and right back empty hauling meat, 620 miles x .42 cents = 260$ i also get 5$ a pallet for unloading always 28 pallets = 140$ 400$ a night night times 5= 2,000$ gross a week, you guys keep on trucking over the road and have fun

So what's the question?

All I know about Prime is they have some nice looking tractors, I really like the purple ones LOL, but you have to admit slow or not they get the load there.

doest seem like a question more like a statement :confused:

All I know about Prime is they have some nice looking tractors, I really like the purple ones LOL, but you have to admit slow or not they get the load there.

im sitting at the hotel now nothing to brag about they do have some nice looking trucks sitting in parking lot the fun starts at 7 am and i think they overbooked the class is going to be huge i wander how many cuts get made tommorrow

Congrats James!!! I hope it works out. Hopefully if your sharing a room with someone he's pretty cool, having to room with a jerk can make things a lot more stressful. Keep us posted on your progress.

Good Luck James, no worrys a lot of people dont pass the physicals and get cut or they lie about something and get caught so by day 2 the class will be smaller.

so far so good took a while for physcal process but got through the day so far just have one hiccup witht the physcal i was honest and told them about tennis elbow and pinched nerve i had in my wrist its all better now even have a dot card but prime i have to do theirs and now they have to get doctor to faX information over by friday other than that i beleive so far so good even the on application i told them about public intoxication arrest back in early 90,s so nothing was a surprise so i went to the interview part just asked about the arrest issues told them wasnt quite sure what the year was so that was basically him looking over the paperwork and handing over the 100 bucks sad to say my roommate had to leave though i think so far there has been about 9 six of them didnt show for the drug test part dumb asses only thing comes to mind there

Your elbow shouldn't be an issue. They want all that info in case you were to file a comp claim. They're just covering there butt. I've been hired at all my driving jobs with 3 slipped disks in my neck.
And as far as your room mate....well at least you'll have the room to yourself tonight.
I can't believe guys would show up and not expect a drug test!!! What idiots!!!

...so that was basically him looking over the paperwork and handing over the 100 bucks...

$100? Huh? They make you pay them $100, or they paid you that?

... sad to say my roommate had to leave though i think so far there has been about 9 six of them didnt show for the drug test part dumb asses only thing comes to mind there

I can't believe guys would show up and not expect a drug test!!! What idiots!!!

Some people are a waste of space. 3 of the guys I grew up with became junkies. One on heroin, another one is a pill junky. The third guy got into heroin too, but went to rehab and then he discovered the Old Testament and now, although he is 100% German, claims to be a "Messianic Jew" and preaches non-stop and seems to believe 100% that he will go to Hell if he doesn't convert everybody he knows to Judism. And he's learning to read and speak Hebrew and annoys the crap out of everybody he knows by speaking in Hebrew all the time. You should see his facebook page. LOL. But at least he's not a heroin junky any more.

i had to pay fee so far recruiter hasnt lied if come here not hiding anything your good to go if hiding something they will send you home and duck theres no spin wheel here

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread