Prepare yourself for maximum rage, anger and fury

Nothing pisses me off more than some douchebag blinding me with his brights when I pass him. I don't need anyone to do anything as a matter of fact. This is a holdover from the old two lane days. If you don't know where the back of your trailer is then go back to truck driving school for a few more weeks.

At this stupid web article. 🤬

“Flashing high beams tells the truck driver that the back of his trailer is safely past the vehicle that he is passing."

:gun3:
I don't mind it so much when 4 wheelers flash the high beams, they are only trying to help and probably are one of the very few that still has any respect for truck drivers.
The 4 wheelers probably read it in Readers Digest or an article like this that says they should flash the high beams.

Cars are down low and the lights are not in my mirrors. I thank them and hit the interrupt switch in the same pattern as every other truck driver that thinks theirs is original.

I don't mind it so much when 4 wheelers flash the high beams, they are only trying to help and probably are one of the very few that still has any respect for truck drivers.
The 4 wheelers probably read it in Readers Digest or an article like this that says they should flash the high beams.

Cars are down low and the lights are not in my mirrors. I thank them and hit the interrupt switch in the same pattern as every other truck driver that thinks theirs is original.
They need to be told in these click bait articles to momentarily turn them OFF. Not flash the high beams. 🤬

Flashing lights in my mirror really doesn't bother me.

For those that are truly being blinded by this, get those yellow glasses they sell at the truck stops for night driving. They work. I have a pair and on the rare occasion that I will be driving for an extended period overnight, I wear them.

So what I got out of this is Mike is the guy who I end up passing on the right because he won't get out of the left lane in a timely manner after completing pass ;)

Some dick driver this morning has his LED lights on shining in my eyes and the FAG lights as I am backing in and parked.
It used to be customary to shut the headlights off when another driver is backing in. Don't even get me started on the 24/7/365 FAG light always on drivers.
It was customary! Apparently there are those that never learned or simply do not care about courtesy.

Some dick driver this morning has his LED lights on shining in my eyes and the FAG lights as I am backing in and parked.
It used to be customary to shut the headlights off when another driver is backing in. Don't even get me started on the 24/7/365 FAG light always on drivers.
It was customary! Apparently there are those that never learned or simply do not care about courtesy.
They don’t give a shit you ain’t them. They have a participation trophy.

So... what you're saying Mr. NewGuy, is you want to relitigate an old argument here that's been argued ad nauseum by everyone.

Great. Just what we need. Givin' the ol' expired equine another thrashin'.

:deadhorse:
If you don't like the discussion, scroll on, Brother. No need to be a douche.

Good LEDs are among the best headlights ever. Extremely sharp cutoff, but light where you need it. And high beams like a locomotive. They're as good as HID for less cost.
I've never seen them. Every LED headlight I have seen and every one I've seen tested doesn't get far enough down the road. They don't get as far as an average halogen bulb. It's even worse because your eyes night vision is messed up from the extremely bright scattered light that is close to you.

Good LEDs are among the best headlights ever. Extremely sharp cutoff, but light where you need it. And high beams like a locomotive. They're as good as HID for less cost.
Nothing like having your eyes adjusted for the dark, and here comes some jackwad with LED headlights and ****** lights, destroying your night vision, and blinding the hell out of you.

Those lights are a menace to society.

I've never seen them. Every LED headlight I have seen and every one I've seen tested doesn't get far enough down the road. They don't get as far as an average halogen bulb. It's even worse because your eyes night vision is messed up from the extremely bright scattered light that is close to you.
JW Speaker. They come in all sizes for direct sealed beam replacement. They are a projector style headlight with LED element
Nothing like having your eyes adjusted for the dark, and here comes some jackwad with LED headlights and ****** lights, destroying your night vision, and blinding the hell out of you.

Those lights are a menace to society.

Sounds to me like you're talkin about the fools that put an LED in place of a halogen bulb. Comparing that to a true LED headlamp, is akin to comparing a date with blow up Barbie to going out with Scarlett Johansson . That will never work, because of the shape and varying intensity of the light source of a filament compared to an LED or hid Arc. Any product using either of those two light sources, in the attempt to replace a halogen element, should flat-out be banned.

Sounds to me like you're talkin about the fools that put an LED in place of a halogen bulb. Comparing that to a true LED headlamp, is akin to comparing a date with blow up Barbie to going out with Scarlett Johansson . That will never work, because of the shape and varying intensity of the light source of a filament compared to an LED or hid Arc. Any product using either of those two light sources, in the attempt to replace a halogen element, should flat-out be banned.
The OEM installations are just as bad. Come out of deep darkness, staring into that crap? You've lost the adjustment of your eyes for some time.

Flashing lights in my mirror really doesn't bother me.

For those that are truly being blinded by this, get those yellow glasses they sell at the truck stops for night driving. They work. I have a pair and on the rare occasion that I will be driving for an extended period overnight, I wear them.

Why should I have to buy anything extra when the etiquette is long established?

I already wear glasses, how the hell am I going to wear two pair?

Incorrect.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread