Power inverter

Don't skimp on the wattage... its better to have extra capacity.
Oversized is just as bad as undersized.

Actually not. Its just the power rating of the unit... having more capacity means better ability to handle startup surges, you won't have shut some things down to power others, and the switching transistors will run cooler. There is nothing adverse in having extra capacity.

The bigger the inverter the more power it uses. An inverter needs power to make power. They are usually rated in efficiency

The bigger the inverter the more power it uses. An inverter needs power to make power. They are usually rated in efficiency
There's always some overhead associated with operating any sort of power converter. Losses increase to an extent with output demand, so being anal about having just enough really doesn't buy you very much.

There's always some overhead associated with operating any sort of power converter. Losses increase to an extent with output demand, so being anal about having just enough really doesn't buy you very much.

Ya, that's what I just said

and for the price of a GFCI, I was able to FIX the inverter I have.

I kept getting a E05 error which showed a high current draw. The only thing connected to the output of the inverter was the GFCI.

http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Po...verters/975-0263-01-01_Rev-C(artwork) (1).pdf

system turned on, I pull a steady 0.7 amp now just like specs say I should.

With the Printer on, the Bluetooth charging and the microwave plugged in, a whole 0.85 amps.

For another $3, I picked up a RJ11 coupler and 15 foot telephone cord so I can remote mount the controller from under the bunk to up by the Tripac HMI panel. I have to get a project box to mount the control panel in it also.

I have two circuits on an output strip that will let me wire an outlet up on the cabinets directly so I can also get rid of the extension cords and power strip I currently have setup in the truck.

I am guessing it's a bad sign to have a continuous 4-5 amp draw from a power inverter.

With absolutely nothing plugged in.
and for the price of a GFCI, I was able to FIX the inverter I have.

I kept getting a E05 error which showed a high current draw. The only thing connected to the output of the inverter was the GFCI.

http://www.xantrex.com/documents/Power-Inverters/PRO-Series-Inverters/975-0263-01-01_Rev-C(artwork) (1).pdf

system turned on, I pull a steady 0.7 amp now just like specs say I should.

With the Printer on, the Bluetooth charging and the microwave plugged in, a whole 0.85 amps.

For another $3, I picked up a RJ11 coupler and 15 foot telephone cord so I can remote mount the controller from under the bunk to up by the Tripac HMI panel. I have to get a project box to mount the control panel in it also.

I have two circuits on an output strip that will let me wire an outlet up on the cabinets directly so I can also get rid of the extension cords and power strip I currently have setup in the truck.

Your inverter still going strong after this fix? Mine just started doing this crap last week..I have no idea what I'm looking for if I were to open it up to see what the ailment is..

Your inverter still going strong after this fix? Mine just started doing this crap last week..I have no idea what I'm looking for if I were to open it up to see what the ailment is..
Sounds like a ground loop problem.

Sounds like a ground loop problem.

Thanks..I'll see who I can get to take a look at it. I don't want to shell out the dough for another new one. Pure sine inverters don't grow on trees.. I won't mess with anything electric.. regardless if it's unplugged.. got zapped pretty good when I was a kid and it blasted one of my fillings outta my teeth, so no thanks.. That crap scares me till this day, so I'll leave it to a professional inverter fixer upperer..

Yop, been working fine.

It had to do with the computer circuit board in the GFI outlet.

Because it's a modified sine wave signal, you can't just put in any GFI outlet.

So since I had no warranty issue to deal with, I just put in a standard 15 amp outlet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread