Announcement Posting giphys within your posts

Mike

The ability to post a giphy directly from the forum is a new feature added today.

To post one, simply look for the gif icon in the text editor. Below, I circled what you are looking for.
7A0AADBF-B604-4926-9CAD-4A960E4A9FC7.jpeg

As with other things, it may not be working perfectly as @Duck is having issues with it.

Whats the purpose of it?
Get Lost Slam Door GIF by MOODMAN

I don't get it? Seriously

Is it supposed to draw people to the site?

It's basically the same concept as people posting emojis, at least that is how I see it. Topics of Facebook are full of these.

Just a gimmick I guess.
I can understand having a giphy thread for those who like that.
What I see happening is people try to have a discussion about something then a cartoon like that gets thrown in and derails discussion.

I see where there is talk that the way for this site to survive is to bring on discussion. Cartoonish stuff like that takes away from it. Just my opinion and its probably not popular.

It's basically the same concept as people posting emojis, at least that is how I see it. Topics of Facebook are full of these.
Emojis are just as distracting and ridiculous.

I've never been on Facebook and never will be.

Emojis are just as distracting and ridiculous.

I've never been on Facebook and never will be.
I resisted them as well, because I was never a big fan, but that is the direction that viewers have gone and I am stubbornly learning that my way isn't always the best way when it comes to growing the forum.

I resisted them as well, because I was never a big fan, but that is the direction that viewers have gone and I am stubbornly learning that my way isn't always the best way when it comes to growing the forum.
I've hated them forever too because I've always thought that people should have enough grasp of language to be able to communicate without pictures.

Wars have been started and ended, and entire nations born and died without little pictures.

But...they can be used for humorous purposes.

So understand that this is a trucking forum, none of you are writing the Manga Carta, and lighten the hell up.

wait until I start insulting everyone again.

Searches for "hate and discontent" will also skyrocket.

I've hated them forever too because I've always thought that people should have enough grasp of language to be able to communicate without pictures.

Wars have been started and ended, and entire nations born and died without little pictures.

But...they can be used for humorous purposes.

So understand that this is a trucking forum, none of you are writing the Manga Carta, and lighten the hell up.
"Manga carta."

😄

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread