Politics Poll: Half of Trump voters, 41% of Biden voters support splitting up the U.S.

Mike

More than half of Trump voters (52%) and 41% of Biden voters expressed support for cleaving the country along political lines, according to a new poll from the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics.

The UVA Center for Politics teamed up with Project Home Fire, a group working for common ground in American politics, to find out just how deep our divisions run. The poll consisted of 300 questions given to 1,001 Trump voters and 1,011 Biden voters (margin of error +/- 2.2 %).

The poll asked people to respond on a sliding scale based on how much they agreed with different statements, including, “The situation in America is such that I would favor [Blue/Red] states seceding from the union to form their own separate country.”

Mike

Before you simply laugh and make your typical remark against the political party you hate, take a bit of time and research this topic. It's been discussed for a few years now, and the support only seems to be growing.

Supposedly, Biden would bring people closer together, but he has only divided them even more.

tensions continue to get higher and higher between people, and at this point, is there any turning back?

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
It would be a mess if we had isolated blue states surrounded by red states and vise versa. The blue state ignorance would make travel near impossible with stupid high mileage tax, tolls, etc for vehicles passing through. Red states would have no choice but to lock down their borders to keep blue state terrorists out.

Families could potentially be divided like they were in East/West Germany.

It would be a mess.

A better idea is just a good strong purge of every institution to rid them of marxists and other enemies of humanity. Exactly what they are trying to do to us.

Mike

A better idea is just a good strong purge of every institution to rid them of marxists and other enemies of humanity. Exactly what they are trying to do to us.

That would tell me that you support a Civil War. Not a cold Civil War that it seems we are already in, but an actual long battle until one ideology wins out.

Not sure which weakens the nation more, dividing it into two smaller nations, or a physical war that ultimately reduces the United States to less than the power of either of the first option.

We are a nation with a massive amount of nuclear weapons. They would be used in such a battle. The winner, would ultimately be a loser as well because we would not be strong enough to maintain any sort of standing among the major nations seeking ultimate power, and would ultimately end up, after such a war, being the exact thing you would be fighting against ( if the conservative side were to win such a war).

Uncle Birchy

More than half of Trump voters (52%) and 41% of Biden voters expressed support for cleaving the country along political lines, according to a new poll from the University of Virginia’s Center for Politics.

The UVA Center for Politics teamed up with Project Home Fire, a group working for common ground in American politics, to find out just how deep our divisions run. The poll consisted of 300 questions given to 1,001 Trump voters and 1,011 Biden voters (margin of error +/- 2.2 %).

The poll asked people to respond on a sliding scale based on how much they agreed with different statements, including, “The situation in America is such that I would favor [Blue/Red] states seceding from the union to form their own separate country.”

This Nation Gr8 Country doesn't need be "Split" in Half..

The "Problem" is our educational systems and all this "Woke" Junk..

Rather recently an "Esg" score too

Sinister

pari animositate
Premium
Talk of "Balkanizing" the US is not new. It's been floating around fringe politics for years. It's amusing it's entering mainstream discussion. So go ahead and keep thinking Libertarian ideas are a joke and anarchism is totally irrelevant. If nothing else those two groups at least understand that the democrats and Republicans are equally hopeless.

Personally I think civil war has already been declared, it's just not been engaged in by more than one side.

Uncle Birchy

Talk of "Balkanizing" the US is not new. It's been floating around fringe politics for years. It's amusing it's entering mainstream discussion. So go ahead and keep thinking Libertarian ideas are a joke and anarchism is totally irrelevant. If nothing else those two groups at least understand that the democrats and Republicans are equally hopeless.

Personally I think civil war has already been declared, it's just not been engaged in by more than one side.
Id say the current Civil War is the fragile state of our society.

Uncle Birchy

Nope the "Realty" of Civil War sounds good ..

Feels nice to just say it too..

I don't see none of you gathering arms and stockpiling ammo..

I suppose old Uncle John's Pontoon boat up north can serve as our Navy Fleet..

Pull your freaking heads outta your collecctive @$$es and let's get "REAL"

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
That would tell me that you support a Civil War. Not a cold Civil War that it seems we are already in, but an actual long battle until one ideology wins out.

Not sure which weakens the nation more, dividing it into two smaller nations, or a physical war that ultimately reduces the United States to less than the power of either of the first option.

We are a nation with a massive amount of nuclear weapons. They would be used in such a battle. The winner, would ultimately be a loser as well because we would not be strong enough to maintain any sort of standing among the major nations seeking ultimate power, and would ultimately end up, after such a war, being the exact thing you would be fighting against ( if the conservative side were to win such a war).
War has already been declared against us. We're in a situation similar to 1930's pre-holocaust Germany right now. Those of us who believe in freedom and know right from wrong are in the role of the Jews this time. Wake up to reality.
Correct.
I don't see none of you gathering arms and stockpiling ammo..
Do you really think it's wise to be posting pictures of our guns and ammo all over the internet when Google & China's Baidu function as the modern day East German Stasi? :bonk:

Sinister

pari animositate
Premium
War has already been declared against us. We're in a situation similar to 1930's pre-holocaust Germany right now. Those of us who believe in freedom and know right from wrong are in the role of the Jews this time. Wake up to reality.

Correct.

Do you really think it's wise to be posting pictures of our guns and ammo all over the internet when Google & China's Baidu function as the modern day East German Stasi? :bonk:
Posting pictures of your equipment is one of the worst ideas there is. But let's for a second consider the source.

SomethingElse

The only poll that matters are lobbyist. If the lobbyist want the USA separated, it shall be done. Otherwise, nothing is going to change.

BlackBart

Before you simply laugh and make your typical remark against the political party you hate, take a bit of time and research this topic. It's been discussed for a few years now, and the support only seems to be growing.

Supposedly, Biden would bring people closer together, but he has only divided them even more.

tensions continue to get higher and higher between people, and at this point, is there any turning back?
Doubt it

Libs love the gooberment and hate liberty. Regular Americans love liberty and and hate all who would infringe on it. Aint much common ground to be had there

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
If you need a hand I am here for you folks, of course I will need a fire arm and ammunition.
The south will rise again and not for racists reason but because, Liberty needs to be defended.

Users who are viewing this thread