Police say man fed cats to his pit bulls

Cybergal

9/20/07
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. - A man captured neighborhood cats and kittens and fed them live to his pit bulls, authorities said Thursday. Tye Hilmo, 21, was charged Thursday with aggravated cruelty to animals.
Hilmo was already in jail on drug, firearm and probation violation charges, Gwinnett County sheriff's spokeswoman Stacey Bourbonnais said.
The new warrant charges that Hilmo "did give injured live cats and kittens to his pit bull dogs and let the pit bulls kill the already injured cats and kittens. Hilmo would capture and injure neighborhood cats for this purpose."
He was arrested Sept. 10 after investigators serving a search warrant on his house found guns and two pounds of marijuana, Bourbonnais said. He has been jailed since then.

Authorities found the bodies of two kittens near Hilmo's residence. Bourbonnais said they also found a gruesome image on Hilmo's cell phone: a picture of one of his pit bulls and one of the mauled, dead kittens, and beneath picture a caption that says "Good Dog."
"It's pretty disturbing," Bourbonnais said.
The initial tip about Hilmo indicated he may be feeding kittens and cats to his dogs to prepare the dogs for fighting, but no dogfighting charges have been leveled against Hilmo, Bourbonnais said.
Sheriff's officials could not immediately say whether Hilmo has an attorney.
yahoo news

crap this just had to happen in Georgia. Man this state is taking a beating lately. mike vick, largest drug bust now this whats next an al sharpton rally in downtown Atlanta for something that happened in Louisiana. oh wait that already happened.

They should feed HIM to the pit bulls but then I wouldn't want to be guilty of making them sick. This creep needs to be taken out and shot. What a sick freak.

So THAT'S how you get rid of strays! No, just kidding! That is horrible and honestly, who has the nerve and gut to do something like that? I mean, I hate the 467896543 cats and kittens that destroy our air conditioning and spray our fence but I'm not going to kill them and to let them be eaten alive? OMG you seriously have to be one sick PSYCHO.

My dad taught me to hate cats. We would be out driving in the country and if he saw a cat he would pull over and shoot it. He said wildcats destroy the natural balance and can wipeout an area of wildlife. So I hated cats. Then one day out of the woods behind my house came a baby kitten, sick and shaking. Long story short. "Satin" was a loving boost to our house and family. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread