GPS Police: Better GPS could have kept trucker out of jail

So as a NEW Driver what GPS would you all Recommend to AVOID These HEADACHES? 10 Tons? I assumem this "city" doesn't have any Fire Appartus??? the Average Quint fully loaded with 4 man crew full of water can sit around 62,000+

So as a NEW Driver what GPS would you all Recommend to AVOID These HEADACHES? 10 Tons? I assumem this "city" doesn't have any Fire Appartus??? the Average Quint fully loaded with 4 man crew full of water can sit around 62,000+
No that is perfectly fine. You can run a 62,000 lb truck over a ten ton bridge in a fire truck, Just don't try it in a CMV. The best GPS I would recommend and I am buying a new one is the Rand McNally, Any model.

No that is perfectly fine. You can run a 62,000 lb truck over a ten ton bridge in a fire truck, Just don't try it in a CMV. The best GPS I would recommend and I am buying a new one is the Rand McNally, Any model.
I understand just thought was weird that they FINED THAT Much when your AVG fire Apparatus is over that limit, but that is not CMV so makes since.
Looked at RM thank you

I'd recommend a R-M Carrier's Atlas, a cell phone with Google Maps (satellite view) and a good brain.

I have had to Rand McNally GPS units, and both turned out to be junk. I don't know if I just got some bad ones or what but they would freeze up all the time and was supposed to have free updates for life but would only work the first time.so now I just use my map and my phone.

I have had to Rand McNally GPS units, and both turned out to be junk. I don't know if I just got some bad ones or what but they would freeze up all the time and was supposed to have free updates for life but would only work the first time.so now I just use my map and my phone.
Yeah they do freeze up and sometimes at the most inopportune time,But I stand by them. I need a new one. Mine stopped working after 6yrs and the one that Paccar has in their trucks is useless.

After reading about this I am definitely getting a new Rand Mc.GPS. Pencil-la Vainia ( vain like roads) Also has special maps, Trucker maps color coded with the no-go and truck it up roads on it. Pretty sure there are availible at the welcome center free of charge. Makes thing easier.

I really don't need one anymore, doing what I do we go to the same places all week long. but there is the rare occasion we go somewhere new

This thread now officially....

th

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread