PLAY BOOK

OXN

Positioning your equipment: If you've been in this industry long enough you know what areas are the strongest freight lanes i.e. the Midwest, parts of Southern California, etc.. Let’s say you are about 500 miles from where the freight is heavy. If you take a cheap load to get there 9 times out of ten you will offset your timing significantly enough to forfeit any chance of you taking a load at your rate the next day, if you got your rate getting there and you always should run round trip when going to weak freight areas, especially out of the heavy freight lanes (I'm testifying to you now and my testimony is true) When brokers and shippers get desperate for a truck they will pay what ever it takes to prevent them from having to fly the load in. In many of these cases the broker just needs to try to stay in good standing with a shipper, they will pay your rate if you wait for it. If you have 500 miles to drive use the most part of the day left after you deliver and part of that night if you have to. This way you can pin point yourself and you won't waste valuable time and energy on a cheap load. You also get your rest this way, you don't have time constraints, so if at night you get a little tire you can get your rest along the way, most likely you will be in a good area and well rested by the afternoon of the next day. The trucks are depleted by the afternoon most of the time, which makes getting your rate easier. Please don't be deceived to run a cheap load back, most of them involve too many small details and lag time to allow you to be rested and in good position to get your good rate load. Many truckers try to charge a little less going in and take a cheap load back, they don't have the faith or patience to wait and believe they can get their a round trip rate so they run too hard and don't make enough in the end.