Pilot Flying J raid focuses on incentive practices

Mike

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — When Pilot, the country's largest truck stop chain, bought its nearest competitor Flying J out of bankruptcy in 2009, federal trade officials worried the combined entity owned by the powerful Haslam family could corner the market on diesel fuel.

To alleviate "competitive concerns," the Federal Trade Commission in 2010 required Pilot to sell some truck stops to a competitor, Love's, and share its fuel purchase technology before it could merge.
A federal raid this week at Pilot Flying J's headquarters in Knoxville signaled fresh scrutiny of competition issues involving the nation's top retail seller of diesel fuel.

Full Story

Related:

Using that fraud Pat Marsh as a source discounts the entire article. Yeah ask him how he sold his company to the employees to fund his campaign. Well after Averitt flat turned him down.

What kind of technologies for selling fuel are they sharing? Veeder Roote does all the pumps right?

ai683.photobucket.com_albums_vv191_davidelmaedeale_casablanca_03.jpg
"I'm shocked.....shocked that there is gambling going on in this establishment!"

Marsh said he was surprised to see the Pilot Flying J headquarters raided.
ai683.photobucket.com_albums_vv191_davidelmaedeale_casablanca_03.jpg

When I worked for him Reb he told me how to get my Sirius for free. The man is a liar and a thief. The reason he stayed with flying j despite the article is Haslem wanted a deposit to extend him credit after the way he sold Higgins out the first time. If that board wanted an accurate assessment from an honest man they could have called Nationwide, Titan, Alliance, Averritte, or Dillon. Using Marsh is like using that waste of oxygen in Philly as a respondent about birth control.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread