phones

diehard

redneck
if you have a phone that connects to the internet, do you need virus protection? and if so, where do you get it?

I've never had any sort of antivirus on my phones. Not sure if it even exists, but I will look into it

There are antivirus apps available for Android based phones, but I don't know about I-Phones.

That said, I do not run one in mine and my system seems to be running as smoothly as can be expected from Android.

thanks injun, im not gonna get one either. i probably wont even use it anyway. lol.

There are antivirus apps available for Android based phones, but I don't know about I-Phones.

That said, I do not run one in mine and my system seems to be running as smoothly as can be expected from Android.

I never had virus protection on my Droid and never had any problems until after a couple of years, then it started doing weird stuff. I think it had more to do with being dropped and thrown too many times rather than actually having a virus, but I did download a free AVG app after that. I ended up having to get a new phone but I am still using AVG. I also use AVG on my laptop.

diehard said:
if you have a phone that connects to the internet, do you need virus protection? and if so, where do you get it?

It's recommended. I use lookout mobile security on my Android, I don't know about Apple...

Lookout has some cool features, it scans apps and websites and does a monthly scan on my phone and sends a report every month, I can also lock my phone from their website if I lose it, and I believe it has gps locating abilities...

Rubber Duck said:
Eat a bunch of blueberries.

Ya know blueberries can be poisonous, scared the hell out of one of my boyfriends once, I'd been eating pomegranate then had a bunch of fresh blueberries, made me super sick, he thought I was throwing up blood and took me to the emergency room. The doctor told me they were poisonous in large quantities.

Hahaha about the berries. Just about any fruit can do that, its because of the natural fructose. Thats why drinking a lot of soda will make you really sick. Even a perfectly healthy person can only digest so much fructose, the rest gets fermented in your stomach and that aint good.

But about the phones, you dont need an antivirus. Phones use completely different operating systems and languages, so a windows virus cannot physically work on phones. Just like you cant run a windows program on a phone, you cant run a windows virus on a computer.

Personally, I find my phone to be extremely helpful. I have an iPhone and I use google maps to help me find factories or trailer yards. A lot of times Ill look at the satellite image of my next stop so I know what entrance to use. It makes planning so much easier.
Another thing I like about it is that I can type in the address and it will give me three possible routes with the miles. This comes in really handy when I want to see how much farther it takes if I stay on the interstate.

It also works really well for checking weather, the phone automatically shows the outside temp, and I can access weather radar from many different sites.

You can also use the internet to solve problems or to learn. My student Kevin learned how to fly fish and how to tie flies from youtube. You can learn how to use just about anything, and It personally saved my butt the first time I came across pneumatic tandems. Whoever designed those things has no common sense, so it helped a lot to be able to read about how they work.
I also found a video showing the components of an Eaton Fuller transmission, which made it so much easier to understand how to get my transmission to do what I wanted it to.

Overall, its completely worth it to get a smart phone or internet to connect to your laptop. Its really helpful and can keep you from going insane when you get stuck 30 hours at some slaughter house waiting on the FDA guy.

Davezilla said:
Hahaha about the berries. Just about any fruit can do that, its because of the natural fructose. Thats why drinking a lot of soda will make you really sick. Even a perfectly healthy person can only digest so much fructose, the rest gets fermented in your stomach and that aint good.

But about the phones, you dont need an antivirus. Phones use completely different operating systems and languages, so a windows virus cannot physically work on phones. Just like you cant run a windows program on a phone, you cant run a windows virus on a computer.

Personally, I find my phone to be extremely helpful. I have an iPhone and I use google maps to help me find factories or trailer yards. A lot of times Ill look at the satellite image of my next stop so I know what entrance to use. It makes planning so much easier.
Another thing I like about it is that I can type in the address and it will give me three possible routes with the miles. This comes in really handy when I want to see how much farther it takes if I stay on the interstate.

It also works really well for checking weather, the phone automatically shows the outside temp, and I can access weather radar from many different sites.

You can also use the internet to solve problems or to learn. My student Kevin learned how to fly fish and how to tie flies from youtube. You can learn how to use just about anything, and It personally saved my butt the first time I came across pneumatic tandems. Whoever designed those things has no common sense, so it helped a lot to be able to read about how they work.
I also found a video showing the components of an Eaton Fuller transmission, which made it so much easier to understand how to get my transmission to do what I wanted it to.

Overall, its completely worth it to get a smart phone or internet to connect to your laptop. Its really helpful and can keep you from going insane when you get stuck 30 hours at some slaughter house waiting on the FDA guy.

But if someone can write a virus for Windows they can probably write one for Android less likely for iOS....
I see my virus protection on my computer the same way I see my concealed carry permit. I don't think I'll ever have to use my gun, I don't wander down dark alleys or hang out in shady places. Same with my computer, I don't download anything if I don't know where it's coming from don't click on links that come from people I don't know. But like my gun. It's nice to know it's there if I need it. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread