Pets In Trucks

PapaDough

Sure, being on the road can be lonely. So I get it when drivers have their dog or dogs riding shotgun.

But damn it, if it's a company truck, clean up after your pet and leave the truck in a reasonable condition!

Sure, being on the road can be lonely. So I get it when drivers have their dog or dogs riding shotgun.

But damn it, if it's a company truck, clean up after your pet and leave the truck in a reasonable condition!
like i ever saw that happening.

i had no cool air in my bunk this one time.

i had to remove the cover over the bunk evap. found it totally clogged with pet hairs.....

people have no common respect for company property, and that'll never change.

I tore my truck apart because it had a funk to it. was cleaning dog hair from place you'd never see a dog get.

Middle of the threshold underneath it. Was so packed with nasty damp fur. Behind the dash, at least it was dry. Under the carpet in the closet.

Tiny was my co pilot.She's a long haired cocker spaniel.I always cleaned my trk.Since that was my home I kept it clean.I've seen some deplorable trks with pets.Its like how can they live like that.

This is why so many companies have updated their pet policies to simply saying No Pets Allowed in company trucks.

people have no common respect for company property, and that'll never change.

I agree with you there...but there is the very odd exception as I discovered after sitting many Interviews before I was satisfied with what was on offer...I was the professional,they were looking for me which gave me some bragging rights to question them...

The 2 Coach Companies I worked with in Dublin and Sligo were both Family run...At the end of the Day each Driver Washed and Valeted his Vehicle and checked it for Diesel/Oil/Water...Next Morning the new Driver would do a quick Interior/Exterior Inspection and fill in a "Checklist" Form before Driving off...then he would repeat the same practice that Evening... that worked a treat for the 5 yrs I was there...The Sligo Company had a similar practice...

The Trucking Companies...again I preferred small Family run Companies with few Trucks...Ist Name terms with the Boss'es Family and always ready to do a run at short notice...I always found the Vehicles in good condition and very seldom found anything to complain about...I believed firmly that you got back what you were prepared to give and I was always looked after...

IMO bringing a pet is nothing more than having it caged 24/7 in the truck, not much fun really.
you choose the life of trucking, leave the animal where theres room to run.
you want companionship & entertainment, find a lot lizard.

I've got no issue bringing her with.

For very short and temporary trips. Otherwise, she stays home with mom.

11336923_10204362041106998_1272317391988949455_o.jpg

Whatever.

Rather biased opinion there.

you are 100% correct !
its my opinion, & there are millions of people that love smaller dogs. I'm just not one of them.
give me a Bully breed dog, a mastiff breed, cane corso, though love pits too.

This is why so many companies have updated their pet policies to simply saying No Pets Allowed in company trucks.
that and i'm sure that some animals damage the trucks and how are you gonna keep it cool in summer and warm in the winter as most companies have outted apu units and fuel is not cheap

I don't define it by weight. I define it by the sound if makes.

If it goes "bark", "woof", "bow-ow-ow-ow" it's a dog.

If it goes "yip yip yip" it's not a dog. :toothpick:

that pretty much relates to size lbs of the dog for sound of bark.
had my corso less than a year old run off a grown old man because he was afraid of her, LMAO !
he was a stranger and instinct took in for her.
he must of been one of those pansies W/O any balls ;)

I had a dog on the truck with me for most of my 20s into my late 20s.

Not a big fan.

Honestly it's like taking a child along.

Everything you do, you have to consider the pet.

It becomes cumbersome.

I don't recommend it.

like I said - " you choose the life of trucking, leave the animal where theres room to run."
they(animals) didn't choose trucking.
trucking is worse than apartment living !
might as well consider it as caged.

Both of my dog's combined don't weigh 50 pounds. More like 19 for both.

I had 2 toy poodles on the truck with me. Small enough to be able to run around.

We got assigned a truck one time that we went to pick up. it supposedly had already been detailed there was cat poop in one of the closets. I don't mean a little. Had been the "litter box" apparently. we spent 16 hours cleaning on it ,scrubbing the carpets and scrubed everything and it still stunk in there

I put a lot of effort and time along with training into my traveling pet. Threw trial and error finally got our traveling program down pat....Bowel and bladder cleared out before we hit the car. She goes right to her carrier to ride...which has a bed,water, and food and two favorite toys,treats....I tried letting her ride loose no soap all she done was return to carrier and whine as a pup so I caved and carrier it was and think this is a good thing too no wondering where she is at in the car or if I had a accident would know where to find that carrier.....potty pad trained pad goes on floor board of car once I let her out of the carrier she does her business and pad is disposed of. I tried road side with lease and halter does not work with her....She acts like I insulted her with other dog smells and she shows it real well with her body actions. Found in traveling she like music....So for the two of us that fit well. She extra small....but with her get to close to the car or raising of voice to me the fight is on with her.....She is feisty and loveable. Even though I might look a bit strange talking to myself as I go down the road little do people know I talking or checking on her....LOL....Each to their own when it comes to pets....But mine is very spoiled and well looked after. I sometimes think pets make better companions than most humans...

IMO bringing a pet is nothing more than having it caged 24/7 in the truck, not much fun really.
you choose the life of trucking, leave the animal where theres room to run.
you want companionship & entertainment, find a lot lizard.

That like asking for Trouble with a capital T.....To be robbed or hurt...or both....If that gal carrying a can of hair spray or a finger nail file on her yep she is dangerous!!!

mndriver - for me a dog (to be called a dog) has to weigh at least 50 lbs or more as a adult.
you have a big rat there :D
Whatever.

Rather biased opinion there.

My lion is a small one two,with big hart and really clever.I'am not really sure if you bring a saint bernard inside a truck is really ingenious .

118.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread