Petro Mebane NC I 85 X157

Lubaya_Hart

I went to the Petro on Wed to meet with my hubby. He and I use to stop here all the time when I was still driving. The staff was usually nice and we had never had a problem before.

On wed I took some of the family to see my hubby with me as my 6 year old nephew wanted to see his Uncle. So we leave and make the 30 minute trip from Durham to Mebane. My bro was laughing cause I got over preparing to go thru the scale house out of habit and stopped before getting in the lane. That's habit after driving for so long. Anyway we got there before my hubby. So we went to the game room and let the nephews play games and we played some games also.

The game machine ate a $5.00 bill and wouldn't give change. The staff had to call somewhere to find out what to do. It took like 20 minutes to figure out to just give them 5 one dollar bills.

Hubby finally got there and we went to the Iron Skillet to eat. they only had the driver's area open. So since there were 7 of us we used 2 tables. I was not happy as they were beginning to feel up and Hubby was finished for the night. I didn't want to take up drivers space. There were 3 drivers there though. Me hubby and bro. I think the 6 year old is a driver in trainning. He was a trip & acted like a little driver.

The wait staff got annoyed because we came in there and they had a meeting cause the front told us to go to the back section and the back section had closed it off so I asked the manager if the back is closed off how are we to go back there. They told us to go up front.

We ordered sweet tea & got unsweet. They realized after one person added sugar that it was unsweet and went and collected everyones sweet tea but ours and gave them real sweet tea. They had an bad attitude while taking our order and were just really rude the whole time. I was not happy.

My family had ate there on other occaisions also. I don't know why there was such bad service but they acted like it was to much to even walk over to us to take orders and when my hubby asked for something else to drink She was like "No I will get you some sweet tea." and snatched his glass up & the tea pitcher almost spilling both on our table. She did spill part of it & never even attempted to clean it up. :mad:

I was not to thrilled. I have spent a lot of time at this truck stop over the years as we do a lot of P & G loads out of Brownsummit and use to run Durham loads so we would stay here. It was an aweful experience.

Have any of you had problems here @ the Petro in Mebane NC.

I am sorry you had such a bad experience. No, I have never had anything like this happen at this Petro or any others. Actually, they are my favorite chain. I would write to the main headquarters and tell them about your experience. Hopefully, you'll get some gift cards or something to help make up for everything.

call the manager and explain your concerns and tell himm you eat there often and have always liked the food/service and reiterate that your husband stops there and eats also. maybe you'll get a free meal and hopefully a sincre apology. :cool:

I've never had a spectacular service at a truck stop. Hell you're lucky to get a refill in some places.

I Like That Petro...

The Mebane Petro is the closest Petro to my home, and terminal. I go there often, but rarely to eat. It's too close to home for that. I do buy a lot of fuel, and get my truck serviced there.

The thing about truck stops is that they hire the same folks that work in the convenient store industry. You know, minimum wage and very little pride in their work. If they just show up regularly they are considered "valued employees".

Most TS cafes are adequate. They are never five star rated. In fact, they are lucky to even get a star. If you don't set your expectations too high, you never get disappointed. Expect the worse, and, hope for the best. When you get home, then you can go out and eat the good stuff, like Ruth's Chris, Olive Garden, or, a Japanese steak house.

Truck stop grub just fills the void, and, if the alternative is eating a "heart attack in a sack" from a Pilot, or, living with so-so service at a Petro, I know where I'll lay my money down.

The Mebane Petro is the closest Petro to my home, and terminal. I go there often, but rarely to eat. It's too close to home for that. I do buy a lot of fuel, and get my truck serviced there.

The thing about truck stops is that they hire the same folks that work in the convenient store industry. You know, minimum wage and very little pride in their work. If they just show up regularly they are considered "valued employees".

Most TS cafes are adequate. They are never five star rated. In fact, they are lucky to even get a star. If you don't set your expectations too high, you never get disappointed. Expect the worse, and, hope for the best. When you get home, then you can go out and eat the good stuff, like Ruth's Chris, Olive Garden, or, a Japanese steak house.

Truck stop grub just fills the void, and, if the alternative is eating a "heart attack in a sack" from a Pilot, or, living with so-so service at a Petro, I know where I'll lay my money down.

I drive by that petro everyday. Just look for the trailer with the giant elf on the side.

Twuck Slops.

The wait staff got annoyed because we came in there and they had a meeting cause the front told us to go to the back section and the back section had closed it off so I asked the manager if the back is closed off how are we to go back there. They told us to go up front.
--
I will figure the manager mentioned is the one for the Restaurant, whereas there is or should be at least another Manager for the Building/Grounds.

I understand your grief and aggravation from being served hostility by these sodden waitresses.
Most Chain Truck SLOPS are just that, SLOP HOLES under the guise of being restaurants. Petro is NO different than Trash America, Frying Joke and others that really care not for the Truckers like they used to do.

I don't eat at Chain Twuck Slops anymore because these Truck Slops menus are all the same with a few different pictures. The prices and food quality vary but minimally.

I hope y'all left a few tips of Nickels inside inverted glasses of water or Tea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread