Pete Drivers

Drifter McDuck

Ok I gotta rant....it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that, if the truck in front of you is going 5 mph, has their hazards on, and moves to the side of the road as soon as it widens, it is probably having mechanical problems. This was on the plant road, exiting a facility. As soon as I moved out of Peter drivers way, he hammered down around me, hopping on 19 to call me a g...d....stupid m......f.... and proceeded to rant about not knowing how to shift. Informed him I had a bad DPF sensor problem and was de-rated. This went so high over his head the FAA requires a tail number for this level of stupidity. He actually tried to make fun of me for thinking my GPS had a sensor that was slowing me down (I know... right?) I told him what DPF stands for me, reassigned the title of GDSMF back over to him, and invited him to spin his beloved Pete around and come talk to me in person. In fact I extended this offer three times during our conversation. But he declined, letting me know that he was only there to run his mouth, not back it up. And I changed to his title to big p......(the p does not stand for peterbilt). There. I feel slightly better.

Whether the same thing or something similar is on the normal curve that describes running a truck over time or whether the same thing or something similar is a black swan event that could occur within the first minute to the first decade of running a truck, sooner or later he who runs the "beloved Pete" is gonna get bit. Although not indicated in your portrayal of the drama, assuming that he has the capacity to learn even a little bit of the lessons of the trucking life and with a little luck, he'll figure out that shyte happens to everybody and he might as well cut others the slack that he would want from others. I think that's termed, "growing up." Or sooner or later, he'll learn that somebody such as yourself or some thing will jerk the slack out of him. Learning costs. Learning costs less when you're even a little bit mature.

Not going to pin this on pete drivers, as there is plenty scum in every model of truck out there, but this week, the scum I seen happened to be riding in a really nice Pete. I mean, really nice. Nice looking grey paint, lots of chrome, tinted windows, just an overall sweet looking ride.

Loading up sulphur in Mt. Pleasant, TX to take to take up to an animal health place in Springdale, AR.

Driver in a nice grey Pete is backed into dock 3, where I will be loading. I circle the building, crawl up on the scale, and he pulls out of the dock.

I back in, climb out of truck, and observe the loading.

While unloading, the other guy crosses the scale for a heavy weight, goes up to window where really nice lady gives him paperwork.

he then comes back to his truck, in plain site of the office, drops his pants and starts taking a leak on his drive tires. I see it, forklift driver sees it, and when I got back to the window to get my paperwork, I find out that the lady there seen it as well.

"Was he peeing?"

"yes maam"

Nice lady is no longer nice, and I'm the one getting the ear full about it, LOL. I apologized for his actions, and suggested that she call his company. She was nice again.

We complain about places that won't let us park, we complain about the lack of facilities. Then, we have a place like this where everyone is friendly, restrooms are available, and a POS like this has to embarrass us all.

Not going to pin this on pete drivers, as there is plenty scum in every model of truck out there, but this week, the scum I seen happened to be riding in a really nice Pete. I mean, really nice. Nice looking grey paint, lots of chrome, tinted windows, just an overall sweet looking ride.

Loading up sulphur in Mt. Pleasant, TX to take to take up to an animal health place in Springdale, AR.

Driver in a nice grey Pete is backed into dock 3, where I will be loading. I circle the building, crawl up on the scale, and he pulls out of the dock.

While unloading, the other guy crosses the scale for a heavy weight, goes up to window where really nice lady gives him paperwork.

he then comes back to his truck, in plain site of the office, drops his pants and starts taking a leak on his drive tires. I see it, forklift driver sees it, and when I got back to the window to get my paperwork, I find out that the lady there seen it as well.

"Was he peeing?"

"yes maam"

Nice lady is no longer nice, and I'm the one getting the ear full about it, LOL. I apologized for his actions, and suggested that she call his company. She was nice again.

We complain about places that won't let us park, we complain about the lack of facilities. Then, we have a place like this where everyone is friendly, restrooms are available, and a POS like this has to embarrass us all.
and sometimes, it's actions like that pete driver that the customer disallows the use of the restrooms, vending machines, etc.

Last edited:

"Was he peeing?"

"yes maam"

So much for @Skateboard pullers theory.

Whoever designed the Peterbuilt 386 should be shot in the back of the head point blank and his children fixed so they cannot reproduce.

Most uncomfortable truck ever and it rides like bucking bronco...

Infact any PACCAR truck I ever drove was a Piece Of Crap and Paccar Stinks

579 sleepers are pretty nice. Especially those 72" or whatever size jobbies USX rolls. I borrowed one for some P&G deliveries and didn't even feel like I worked that day.

Interior kinda reminds you of the new RAMs and such. As opposed to "oh yeah we started putting vinyl on our Sherman tanks" like the Macks.

Especially after drinking moonshine!

Well no sense in wasting water ...

Peeing in a Toilet then flushing that with down with a gallon or two of fresh is completely wasteful ...

Not to mention @quillcom how much is wasted washing your hands afterwards and all those chemicals in the soap contaminating our waterways

Im all about "conversation"

Well no sense in wasting water ...

Peeing in a Toilet then flushing that with down with a gallon or two of fresh is completely wasteful ...

Not to mention @quillcom how much is wasted washing your hands afterwards and all those chemicals in the soap contaminating our waterways

Im all about "conversation"
Damn you are a few years late. We had a member on here that never washed and liked to wrap his turds in plastic wrap and then tin foil.
He slept on plywood.
I forget his name but some news did an article on him.
Yous twos could have some conversation.

I like my 386' try new shocks and make sure the air bags are set right. The seats suck though. We have the 386' s and the 579's and I much prefer the 386 because they have way more storage space in the bunks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread