New To Trucking Personal items in "empty" trailer

c704710

My partner driver doesn't want my 'wet' folding bike in the cab even after i dried it with a towel. Can i put it in our "empty" trailer with pallets to 'dry'? Does this make it "freight" and the truck "laden" in OR, WA, and CA (empty trailer already is "laden" i think)? Is this illegal? What is C.R. England policy?

Strap it to the deck or back of the cab somehow. Or don't take it along.

I'm not sure how much it matters whether you toss it in the back of an empty trailer but that doesn't help you when you're loaded. Gotta figure out what to do with it at all times.

I think this is a question best posed to Chester himself.
Where's our forum sage when ya need him??? Oh @BirchBarlow ???
Should have been worked out before the teaming began.

If I was teaming with someone who tossed something of mine in a dumpster, they would be in the dumpster next.

CRE as far as I know, just assigns people to trucks. There's no way that bike is going in the trailer. Its unreasonable to expect a codriver in that situation to sacrifice that much space in a team truck to accommodate a bicycle without prior assent. If you just show up at the truck with a bicycle and no prior warning... it's going in the dumpster.

A bike in the sleeper is flat out dumb to even expect to fly on an assigned team truck. Strap it to the back of the sleeper or walk/uber. Not like a team truck should even be sitting enough to get to use the bike anyway.

Gee, thanks for all the responses. But, no one actually answered any of my questions.
Actually everyone answered your question. You just didn't like the answers.

whether you can legally put your bike in the back on a pallet is not really the issue. The issue is what you're going to do it with it when you have a load. You absolutely cannot put it in there with a load.

you need a solution that doesn't matter whether you're loaded, empty, or Bobtail.. That means catwalk or get rid of it.

No one in their right mind will tell you that it's okay to expect your teammate to just deal with it in the living quarters. There is simply not enough room for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread