Personal Defense

A weed whacker built by children of the corn
Reminds me of this harrow that was leaning against the silo when we bought this old farm. I don't think I got a picture of it but it looked like this:

aru5ynus.jpg

Except instead of angle iron it looked like the whole thing was cast.

Damn thing was leaning against the silo, spikes facing out, and my dad's friend Rita bumped it while pulling weeds and it started to fall over on her but was stopped by a big thick poison ivy vine.

I had no idea what it was but it looked like a medieval execution device.

I hauled it to an antiques dealer that we gave the manure spreader to and the lady looked at it and got wide eyed and said "I don't know what that is but I don't want it in my store"..

:rolllaugh2:

Ended up taking it to the scrap yard.

I wish I'd kept it though because I could use it on the gravel. Oh well... Hindsight. :dunno:

Reminds me of this harrow that was leaning against the silo when we bought this old farm. I don't think I got a picture of it but it looked like this:

View attachment 42119

Except instead of angle iron it looked like the whole thing was cast.

Damn thing was leaning against the silo, spikes facing out, and my dad's friend Rita bumped it while pulling weeds and it started to fall over on her but was stopped by a big thick poison ivy vine.

I had no idea what it was but it looked like a medieval execution device.

I hauled it to an antiques dealer that we gave the manure spreader to and the lady looked at it and got wide eyed and said "I don't know what that is but I don't want it in my store"..

:rolllaugh2:

Ended up taking it to the scrap yard.

I wish I'd kept it though because I could use it on the gravel. Oh well... Hindsight. :dunno:
I wish I had one. I have to figure out a way to get rid of moles without poison. Deco is destroying my yard chasing them down.

I wish I had one. I have to figure out a way to get rid of moles without poison. Deco is destroying my yard chasing them down.
Have you looked at mole traps? My local Menard's has them over by the yard stuff. I pulled one out of the box to figure out how it works. I don't have moles here, I was just curious how they worked.

You step part of it's tunnel closed, and put the trap over it. When it opens it's tunnel back up, it releases Vlad the Impaler.

Have you looked at mole traps? My local Menard's has them over by the yard stuff. I pulled one out of the box to figure out how it works. I don't have moles here, I was just curious how they worked.

You step part of it's tunnel closed, and put the trap over it. When it opens it's tunnel back up, it releases Vlad the Impaler.
Yeah but I worry about spring loaded spikes near the dogs. Kind of like the poison.

Yeah but I worry about spring loaded spikes near the dogs. Kind of like the poison.
Easy.

Get an extra trap. Remove the spikes and find a way to weaken the springs so it won't break their noses.

Let the dogs investigate it.

When it goes off and scares the crap out of them, they'll learn not to f* with it.

Dogs learn that stuff fast.

My German shepherd pissed on the electric fence.... Once.

I discovered a network of snake holes in my front yard once. Two holes and if I sprayed propane in one hole, a few minutes later I could throw a match at the other one and it would make a low pitch thump and shake the ground.

Eventually after friends came over and beer was consumed, I repeated the "experiment" using a neutral mixture of oxygen and acetylene. I set the torch in one hole, surrounded by a rag and left it on until we could smell the acetylene near the other hole.

When I threw the match at it, it was pretty loud, not as loud as when a balloon filled with it goes off, but loud. The ground shaking was way more pronounced, and I think a piece of dirt hit the bottom of a Cessna that was passing overhead. :toothpick:

Easy.

Get an extra trap. Remove the spikes and find a way to weaken the springs so it won't break their noses.

Let the dogs investigate it.

When it goes off and scares the crap out of them, they'll learn not to f* with it.

Dogs learn that stuff fast.

My German shepherd pissed on the electric fence.... Once.
I pissed on an electric fence once too.

I got you covered bro don't sweat it. :cool:

Now let's talk about an interest rate on the bail money. I believe say...... twenty five is the going rate. :toothpick:

Compounded daily. :leer:

I asked for a hundred dollars...
you didn't have but 99!
:mad-97:
Just loan me a dime!!
prink

if you are looking for a home defense round look no further
this is the RIP round

1638470914564.jpeg
  • 14-16 inches of Penetration
  • Up to 6 inches of diameter spread
  • 92 gr. solid copper/lead free projectile
  • 2 inch grouping at 25 yrds
  • 1265 FPS average (+/- 10%)
  • 9 Separate Wound Channels
  • Precision Machined
  • Solid Copper/Lead Free
  • Defeats all known barriers such as sheet metal, sheet rock,windshields, plywood, heavy winter clothing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread