Pennsylvania Turnpike Tolls Hit Truckers Hard

Mike

Tolls are up on the Pennsylvania Turnpike. That may mean a couple of cents for you and me, but it could be a huge expense for area trucking companies.

The 25 percent toll increase took effect Sunday on the Pennsylvania Turnpike.

Officials project that the new rates will generate an additional $119 million, not just for the turnpike, but for all state roads and bridges.

Commercial traffic, truck traffic, accounts for a large chunk of the turnpike's revenue. But these higher rates will hit truckers hard.

For example, the new tolls mean it will cost about $30 more for a typical 18 wheeler going on a roundtrip from here to Philadelphia.

Two trucking companies told us they are in a tough spot. They'll likely have to pass along that cost to their customers.

Full Story

Sending it to Florida...........maybe they all have winter homes here........lol
More States then not have bad roads. Toll's roads are set up to pay for that road,But it seems they never are paid for.

i know pa took millions of dollars early last year from the road money and redone a old lock and dam over by phili and made it a park. but we cant go there in our truck to have a cookk out even though we paid for it LOL

Both Matt and I saw him...btw, where were you...lol

-ss-
Whoops...Truant officer!
I had trouble with sign in so I just went as guest.
Told you why I wasn't on phone line - situation about the same today.
Also tried to put name on Support Board but didn't know answers to incoming/outgoing servers so it didn't take. My wife handles all that computer stuff. I just type like Columbus.lol

Wait a minute!
This ain't about Pa Turnpike!
We're gonna **** off you-know-whoo
J/K
LOL

Whoops...Truant officer!
I had trouble with sign in so I just went as guest.
Told you why I wasn't on phone line - situation about the same today.
Also tried to put name on Support Board but didn't know answers to incoming/outgoing servers so it didn't take. My wife handles all that computer stuff. I just type like Columbus.lol

I have the "Trucker's Support Pages" set up as an html page only. No MySql database to be jacked with. I'm keeping all information people give me (via phone or e-mail) in an encrypted file on a stand alone computer. Send your info to me at [email protected] , and I'll get ya on the listing. I'm going to take all precautions regarding hackers and other internet issues...the reason for generating a webpage for viewing only. I'll say this...if the word does get out and spread like wild fire - people start to stand up in large numbers - I'll be recruiting the missy to do entry work for me...lol

I'll look for an e-mail from ya.

-ss-

I do'nt have a cam so you could not see me.......
And I could hardly talk cause my tooth was messed up and know one would have understood me....for real ask Matt and ts08...when they talked to me they kept saying What, the side of my mouth was bigger then Jay Leno's chin.
Now about the tpk. I think because the States need money we will see more and more of this.....

And I could hardly talk cause my tooth was messed up and know one would have understood me....for real ask Matt and ts08...when they talked to me they kept saying What, the side of my mouth was bigger then Jay Leno's chin.
Now about the tpk. I think because the States need money we will see more and more of this.....

LMAO...I didn't think there was anyone who could have a facial feature bigger than, or as big as, Leno's chin...

-ss-

Alright, now before Bull wakes up...
Who likes higher tolls?
And where the hell is the money we already gave ya?

Ahhh....Yeah......
(I wrote my own sick notes all thru high school)
You can ask anybody!
LOL

know one likes paying higher tolls, cept the guy's who's pockets are getting fatter.
what money ya did'nt give me any....I would remember that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread