Pennsylvania Turnpike 'obligated' to increase tolls every year, official says

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
By David Tanner, Land Line senior editor

The chairman of the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission says the commission is obligated to increase tolls every year despite paying a significantly lower annual amount to the state DOT for transportation projects.

On Tuesday, July 7, the commission voted to approve a 6 percent toll hike for cash and E-ZPass customers, which takes effect in January 2016. The vote marks the eighth consecutive toll increase on Pennsylvania’s 550-mile turnpike system.

- See more at: Pennsylvania Turnpike 'obligated' to increase tolls every year, official says

My company has been on EZ-Pass for so long I'm not aware of the current tolls. The last time I had to pay cash it was roughly $100 from Ohio to Philly and that was like 2006 or 2007.

What's it up to now? A dollar a mile? o_O

My new company won't run parts of the Pa or NY toll for that matter, Too expensive. They encourage us to avoid tolls when possible. They do pass on the money to the drivers in a bonus based on how you run the truck. You are expected to run it like a O/O.

My old company however we could run the toll roads all day long and when I was in a bad mood, Chicago Skyway it was!

They won't have these things then...

50max-new-generation-img4.jpg

50MAX-B-Train-2014-TLL16-300x133.jpg

Scania_R620_0.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread