pay scale

kap007

I'm thinking of changing jobs. I currently drive for a small foodservice company out of upstate new York, I have an assigned 2011 frieghtliner sleeper. I leave monday at midnight and return Tuesday at about 5 pm, Wednesday off and the same thing on thursday/Friday then weekends off. I pull a 48 ft trailer stacked floor to ceiling that all has to be unloaded by hand with a handcart. I am paid a salary of 50 k plus bonuses which brings my pay to about 57k. My question is, can i make this kind of money being a dock bumper for a different company?

I'm thinking of changing jobs. I currently drive for a small foodservice company out of upstate new York, I have an assigned 2011 frieghtliner sleeper. I leave monday at midnight and return Tuesday at about 5 pm, Wednesday off and the same thing on thursday/Friday then weekends off. I pull a 48 ft trailer stacked floor to ceiling that all has to be unloaded by hand with a handcart. I am paid a salary of 50 k plus bonuses which brings my pay to about 57k. My question is, can i make this kind of money being a dock bumper for a different company?
I would think you could make the same or slightly less and not have to bust your butt unloading the trailer .

LTL. We do a little bit of hand unloading or loading but our city guys average around 60K a year. Our line-haul drivers average 70K a year and all they do is drive..... at night. If you are in New York, look into A. Duie Pyle.

Great, thanks! . I see the Duie Plyle trucks running the thruway all the time. I think their nearest terminal us about an hour from me.

They run turnpike doubles through there, don't they? I'm in OH and we interline with Duie Pyle. They pull most of our crap East, we pull most of their crap West. They seem pretty solid. Other than the name, they seem to take care of their drivers. Try Testes, I mean Estes Express Lines. I ran for them and they were a solid company.

They run turnpike doubles through there, don't they? I'm in OH and we interline with Duie Pyle. They pull most of our crap East, we pull most of their crap West. They seem pretty solid. Other than the name, they seem to take care of their drivers. Try Testes, I mean Estes Express Lines. I ran for them and they were a solid company.
Ha , Ha , the name Duie pile always makes me laugh for some reason . Not sure if it's the Duie or the pile. I had my G.F riding with me and I saw an Estes pulling a- trains , so I said to the G.F. as I pointed , Testes , Testes , One , Two , One, two . She smacked me!lol I'm sure they are both fine outfits to work for it's just the name.

I believe Pyle has a regional T/L division for the northeast also.I have become quite accustomed to my hometime with my current job however i am more than ready to move on. My loads usually average 33000 lbs and 1200 cases and unloading it all by hand is getting old, don't get me wrong utu keeps you in pretty good shape but i don't see myself being able to retire doing it, thanks to all for the helpful responses

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread