Paper or paperless logs?

SavageEagle

Just wondering about what percentage of the force has switched over to paperless logs? Also, how many of you running paperless are still using paper logs? Not much information school could give me on PAM.

absolutely. and god forbid and the rules haven't changed yet, you can go on duty after 8 hrs off duty or sleeper if you are crazy enough to split it.

but if "us and them" are getting along that badly, and "us" ain't in my position or similar, then why not just hop the fence?
jh

Well, I know about the split sleeper berth rule, but even that is going to screw with you. It is my understanding that after you go "off duty" there has to be a certain amount of time spent supposedly sleeping before you can go "on duty"?

Well, I know about the split sleeper berth rule, but even that is going to screw with you. It is my understanding that after you go "off duty" there has to be a certain amount of time spent supposedly sleeping before you can go "on duty"?
Minus the 34/70 hour rule, you can split you sleeper berth/off duty ONLY if you have 8 consecutive hours of sleeper berth time. Anything other than that screws up your 10 hour rule.

the 3 am thing was just a poor example I pulled from my behind. that has everything to do with when you went off duty/sleeper the "night" before. I won't jump in the split discussion because I FLAT refuse to do it, it is too confusing and can definitely get you into trouble if you don't fully understand it. The only reason I brought the split thing up is because this pot didn't stink enough and I thought it needed stirring.

Elogs definitely take into account every variable possible in the current H.O.S.
in fact the only elog programs worth having will not allow you to ACCIDENTALLY cheat or goof. they will proactively prevent you from being able to mess up in any way. that is why you can use it against them just as much as they can use them against you.
jh

technically sleeper berth is sleeper berth, sleeping or not, and off duty is off duty, sleeping or not, they are not the same thing, they are not interchangeable, but they do accomplish exactly the same thing. and yes elogs differentiate if you push the buttons in the right order.

the biggest thing is going to be the same, regardles of paper or paperless. if you log 8 or ten off duty when you have a sleeper truck, at some point in time somebody of some importance will get curious, and also, if you log any sleeper time at all in a day cab, somebody somewhere, at some time will get curious. curiousity killed the cat. (cat, pronounced canadian american trucker, the mexicans are exempt from such frivolous persecution).
jh

I want to see the log from a creeper cop that tells me what time he ate slept,woke up.(drank fought with the wife etc).So I can exmiane the reasons for their disposition.Everyone else in the free world never has to account for what they do after hours.To paraphrase a good point a forum member made (I forget witch one sorry)A drug test is an invasion of privacy EXCEPT for truckers,Speed limiters would be an invasion of privacy,EXCEPT for truckers.What you do on your own time being examined would be an invasion of privacy, Except for truckers.Where you have been during the day examined by the state would be an invasion of privacy,Except for truckers.Knocking on my front door in a rest area on my time off in my home to see what I did today? I'm in my home on my time off.I don't knock on a creeper cops front door damanding an inspection at 1 am.

I want to see the log from a creeper cop that tells me what time he ate slept,woke up.(drank fought with the wife etc).So I can exmiane the reasons for their disposition.Everyone else in the free world never has to account for what they do after hours.To paraphrase a good point a forum member made (I forget witch one sorry)A drug test is an invasion of privacy EXCEPT for truckers,Speed limiters would be an invasion of privacy,EXCEPT for truckers.What you do on your own time being examined wouled be an invasion of privacy, Except for truckers.Where you have been during the day examined by the state would be an invasion of privacy,Except for truckers.Knocking on my front door in a rest area on my time off in my home to see what I did today? I'm in my home on my time off.I don't knock on a creeper cops front door danding an inspection at 1 am.

damnit man. I hear ya.

where is the love button, liking this post just ain't damn good enough.

let's start a riot.
jh

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread