• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

OTR to Regional - Recruiting Problem With Crete Fixed Quickly

Mike

After a miscommunication between me and recruiting, I showed up for my new job expecting regional, and found it it wasn't available right now, but was then told that once I started, I could probably be on it within 3 months.

I was told to let the fleet manager know I was interested by the President of the company, but then found out that there was no longer even a waiting list for the region I wanted, that is was simply at capacity with no immediate plans to expand.

I decided to approach this with a good attitude and just run OTR for a while and see if something eventually opened up.

I made it about 1 week and realized that OTR simply wasn't for me at this point in my life.

After contacting my fleet manager again, and explaining that I really needed to be on the regional fleet, and my reasons why, I was put on the fleet within 24 hours. There was no need for complaining, no threatening to quit, no whining about a recruiter, no nothing. Just a simple conversation, followed by the Fleet Manager going to work on my issue, and a quick and positive resolution to the problem.

Gotta say, I was very impressed with this. It has been quite some time since I have worked for a large company, as a company driver, and from what I have seen so far with this company, I am impressed.

that is surprising to hear. i am glad it worked out for you and you got the regional you wanted. this does show that there are still some good fleet managers out there. i hope you thanked him for what he did for you.

I'm not working with them now, as I came across a sweet local driving job, but I have nothing but good things to say about Crete. I am guy that likes to run legal, and with Crete, you WILL run legal, and you can get miles doing so. You have to be a worker though, because it is up to you to manage your time properly in order to get the miles.

I made a point of managing my time well and getting wherever I needed to be early and having a break. I also managed my time where I drove mostly in the daytime, rather than nighttime just about everyday, and was still able to get miles.

If I were going back out OTR, I made a point of leaving on good terms where I can go back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread