Orientation

bigboy

Headed to the air port in the am to fly to TN for my 4 days of orientation...I cant wait I miss driving really looking foward to it

That's gotta' be exciting. Congrats..

I can see it now when Big Boy tries to get his carry on luggage screened and the TSA inspector discovers a CB radio, a tire thumper, and a pair of chrome lady decorated mud flaps... "Son, step over here. We need to give y'all a little pat down."

4-days is abit overkill

Heck any Orientation that lasts beyond Lunch is excessive
one place made us take a forklifts safety knowledge test after an hour long video

These damn companies really need to Streamline This Crap

Or have a separate class for newbies just outta school

These companies are f-ing Crazy

4-days good greif

I got $75 for orientation at my company, but it was only a day.

Barely.

Watch a few videos. Read the driver's manual. Meet the shop manager. Meet a couple of the dispatch folks.

Easy squeezy.

. . . . . .

. . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .

But wait!

When I had to go do the pre~employment whizz quiz, I had to pay for that.

Fifty bucks please.

So I guess orientation only paid $25.

So it goes.

Eh paid or not and free lunch aside you can't tell me anyone really enjoys sitting there listening to some jerk BABBLING ON for 3-4 days straight

Take a pee
Sign your life away
Get your bag of paperwork n forms
Free pizza

Get rolling the way it outta be

Yeah 2-3 days of this crap is about average

How do, I start orientation in a few days and was wondering what to expect as far as drug testing method. I'm freaked out about reefer still being my system. Is it urine or hair? Thanks!

How do, I start orientation in a few days and was wondering what to expect as far as drug testing method. I'm freaked out about reefer still being my system. Is it urine or hair? Thanks!

If you knew you were going to be entering trucking why did you not ensure that you would be able to pass the Whizz Quiz?

As far as how they test, that depends on the company. Most use the basic DOT 5 panel urine screen. Depending on how chronic you were, how long it was since you last smoked, how fat you are and what your metabolism is like, it could take anywhere from a week to a month or two to clear the THC from your body.

Some companies use hair testing. That can detect drug use for up to 6 months.

Asking here what type of test is used at the company you are attending orientation at is like asking us the formula for rocket fuel. How are we supposed to know? You didn't even mention the name of the company, and even if you did, the only way that most of us would know is if we had actually attended orientation at that particular company.

Call the company and ask them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread