OOIDA outraged with cross-border trucking plan

snowflake

Ow ya goin'
Thursday, March 3, 2010 – Despite repeated acknowledgement of the violence and drug trafficking plaguing Mexico, President Barack Obama and Mexico President Felipe Calderón announced that a cross-border trucking program is imminent.
The Obama and Calderón jointly announced a tentative agreement to resume cross-border trucking during Calderón’s state visit to the United States on March 3.

http://www.landlinemag.com/Special_Reports/2011/Mar/030311_CrossBorderTrucking.shtml

what worries me is this post has been up over 10 hours and not ONE person has commented on it.
the last time this crap started there would have been PAGES of comments by now, this can get stopped but apathy, and indifference will get this forced down our throats if we let it.
as soon as I get done reading the forums i will be writing my elected officials making them aware of my outrage over once again having to worry about this crap.
so how about it are YOU going to get involved and stop this monstrosity before it once again gains a foothold??

i will now start my "return the abandoned truck to Mexico" enterprise
my office will be in the Vince Lombardi service area
I will make millions

Thats the problem with new drivers today,and I am not saying this to bash on them.Most new drivers have come from jobs that they did not make much of a living (300-400)a week,so if they are making 500-600 a week they are happy,they do not recognize the threat of having drivers from Mexico coming from Laredo or El Paso running to Detroit,or Chicago,etc.The impact they could potentialy have could be devastating to the already dwindling miles of the american driver.Especially when they dont have to burn the usld,they get paid lower wages,not to mention will haul for lower rates to get the equipment back to mexico.We as an industry need to stand up,grab the balls god gave us,and make ourselves heard,the trucking companies for the most part could potentialy stand to make money from this so dont expect them to speak for you,and big business damn sure wont.It all starts with you.

RIGGGHTTT..got a few?

Drug smugglers

The question i posed WAS when was the last time YOU crossed a border or customs inspection?

and i can thank you for making my point for me, That the men and women that work for customs and border protection are well trained and do a thorough job some times to the point of being over zealous. I don't write this on here-say and speculation but on experience.They may not catch everything but no system is fool proof.

Now I don't support Mexican trucking for two simple reasons:rates and wages.Now if it were a more level playing field I may have to re-think.

Thats the problem with new drivers today,and I am not saying this to bash on them.Most new drivers have come from jobs that they did not make much of a living (300-400)a week,so if they are making 500-600 a week they are happy,they do not recognize the threat of having drivers from Mexico coming from Laredo or El Paso running to Detroit,or Chicago,etc.The impact they could potentialy have could be devastating to the already dwindling miles of the american driver.Especially when they dont have to burn the usld,they get paid lower wages,not to mention will haul for lower rates to get the equipment back to mexico.We as an industry need to stand up,grab the balls god gave us,and make ourselves heard,the trucking companies for the most part could potentialy stand to make money from this so dont expect them to speak for you,and big business damn sure wont. ready for abuse their jobs.It all starts with you.
I agree with everything you said.Get ready for a bunch of hard working american truckers to lose their jobs.We all knew this was coming.One company that'll take advantage of this will be Werner,maybe central.Any company that goes to mexico will do alot of hireing and fireing unjustly.

Its not even really hiring and firing as much as your Swift's,JB'S,Schneiders,etc.,will make more money by brokering their freight going to laredo,el paso,nogales,etc.,to the mexican companies than hauling it themselves,lets face it they bid a rate of a 1.20 per mile and hire Speedy Gonzales trucking to haul it for .70 cpm they are making more money and never turning a wheel,or worse they ship it to laredo by rail and then use mexicans to move it.Drop your drawers its coming!!!!!

Swift’s terminal network has grown to 37 full service facilities in both the continental United States and Mexico. Swift owns 100% of Trans-Mex, a Nuevo Laredo, Mexico-based carrier. Swift offers border-crossing services at all major Mexican border crossings and also maintains a presence in every Canadian province.

2006Schneider introduced Mexico Express Intermodal service, providing unprecedented access to Mexico's prime industrial center. Innovative rail solution brings greater capacity, expedited customs clearance and enhanced freight security to cross-border shipments.2007Schneider National granted authority to operate as a domestic carrier and logistics services provider in the People's Republic of China. Schneider Logistics (Tianjin) Co., Ltd. established under the new authority to provide these services in China. License makes Schneider the first North American truckload provider to establish a domestic business in China.2007Schneider Logistics acquired the key operating assets of Bayoun Logistics in the People's Republic of China. Bayoun is ranked in the top 100 of all logistics enterprises in China, and is one of the country's top 30 private logistics enterprises. The combined offering now includes transportation, warehousing, cross-docking, third-party logistics and consulting services focused on the domestic Chinese market.2007Schneider National earned its second consecutive Environmental Excellence Award from the EPA. The award, earned by Schneider for demonstrating leadership in conserving energy and for lowering greenhouse gas emissions from its transportation and freight activities, is given by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency SmartWay Transport Partnership. Of SmartWay's 600-plus partners, Schneider was one of just 34 companies to receive this distinction.2007Schneider National Foundation reached charitable milestone, donating $1 million in cash, equipment, in-kind transportation services and other contributions internationally.2008Schneider National Bulk launches fuel hauling service..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread