OOIDA contacted us....

Flatbedpete

Drivers unite
Has anyone else gotten an e-mail from them? Here is a copy of the e-mail we received.

PROTESTING
[email protected]
To: [email protected]

Are you reading our coverage on truckers' actions regarding high fuel prices? While we can't call for a shutdown -- see Jim Johnston's blog on Land Line Magazine: The Business Magazine for Professional Truckers -- we CAN and DO support whatever way our members want to stand up and protest this ludicrous energy wreck.

Sandi Soendker
Man. Editor
Land Line Magazine

How weird is this??

It's nice to see that OOIDA says they support whatever the drivers do, finally. I can't help but feel that the only reason they are commenting like this though is because they finally see how serious the drivers are about this, and they fear losing membership. I may be wrong in this thinking, but after listening to these people leading up to the April 1 shutdown, that is just the feeling I get from them.

OOIDA was in a great debate with reasons why we should not have a petition at the mid american truck show, basically because they weren't doing enough for the drivers they felt i shouldn't be either. Bob and I have given serious thought to actually starting another organization for Independent and contracted owner operators of America gimme your thoughts on this please

Bob and I have given serious thought to actually starting another organization for Independent and contracted owner operators of America gimme your thoughts on this please

I think that is a very bad idea. Any trucking organization that is going to do any good at all needs the support of the entire industry, not just one sector of it. One of the big problems with OOIDA is that their name prevents most company drivers from being a part of the organization.

Thank You that was my thoughts on the whole situation when i was talking to them they seemed to think that they (OOIDA) was completely in charge of their 160,000 members nation wide how ever i advised that solidarity was the only way to plan this and make it stick what do you think? i know thats my line of thinking!!!!! That also the reason that we are talking about maybe trying to start a unified trucking alliance so as to attempt to solidify the truckers (indenpendent and company)and to give all drivers a say in what our us government should and should be permitted to do in the trucking industry!

NAPTA

Ok we have discussed it and we would like some volunteers to help organize NAPTA "North American Professional Trucking Association" this organization will include all drivers independent owner operators as well as company driver this way noone is left behind anywhere i would like some feed back on this please!!!!!

Ok we have discussed it and we would like some volunteers to help organize NAPTA "North American Professional Trucking Association" this organization will include all drivers independent owner operators as well as company driver this way noone is left behind anywhere i would like some feed back on this please!!!!!

I applaud the effort, but have you considered backing theamericandriver instead?

not nearly as organized as one might think, we seem to have a serious issue with solidarity among the american drivers. So thats why i have chosen to form NAPTA, so as to make a serious attempt to solidify the american truckers as one unit we can get things done the way it stands we have a long hard row to hoe.........

not nearly as organized as one might think, we seem to have a serious issue with solidarity among the american drivers. So thats why i have chosen to form NAPTA, so as to make a serious attempt to solidify the american truckers as one unit we can get things done the way it stands we have a long hard row to hoe.........

They are organized a little more than you think and are targeted EVERYWHERE and not just in one specific place. A lot of things are about to take place.

have you ever talked to them and just thought about joining up with them?

They aren't targeting just truckers either they are targeting your parents, bus drivers, teachers, taxi cab drivers, construction workers and anyone else you can possibly imagine. Thats where the "citizens" part comes in. :p

i don't think he has done his homework and looked into it before replying. he might just be misinformed or just one of the drivers i hear everywhere who just want to moan and groan about and shoot negativity around.

I Don't think you need to tell me what ooida is doing for anyone and as far as joining an organization that does nothing but take your money I dont think so. show me the first thing in the last 4 years ooida has done for you. this is the whole reason we are forming NAPTA. its not just for the owner operators its also for the company drivers that are affected by this as well, there needs to be serious solidification between ALL drivers not just 500,000 owner operators. now i think its about time people relize that, its gonna take more than just a shut down to make all this work we as a society have to stand up as one unit and declare to the american government that we are sick of bullshit and are not gonna take anymore now this would go alot easier if everyone would work together versus trying to grab glory for their selves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread