ONLY FOUR STATES REMAIN THAT HAVE NOT BANNED TEXTING WHILE DRIVING

"a majority of the Senate backs the sentiments of former Governor Rick Perry who feels that the ban is “a government effort to micromanage the behavior of adults.”"

ONLY FOUR STATES REMAIN THAT HAVE NOT BANNED TEXTING WHILE DRIVING
well my state and the surrounding states do have bans. but i do not see a whole lotta enforcement goin' on. seems to only get mentioned, in the news, if there is a crash. otherwise, in my local paper, no such tickets are listed as given out. other crimes like murders, arson fires, drunk driving, but texting while driving? seems too much hot air about it, and nothing being done.

The "ban" does one other thing.

Let's say you have an accident . "Texting" is proven. You call your insurance company. They don't have to cover you since you were doing something "illegal".

AZ, MT, MO and TX.

Texas is the only one with no laws at all regarding texting while driving. The other three have laws restricting it under certain circumstances.

Texas does enforce the no cell phone use while in a school zone. But it should make no difference school zone or not. Texting and cell phone use is hazardous distraction. Was passed in 2009. I live in Texas and see the signs posted.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread