Ok to mix diesel and gas?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
I seem to remember old hands would mix a little gas in they tanks, in winter time.

Will running a bit of gas hurt anything?

I’ve got 10 gallons of sketchy fuel I don’t want to just throw out. Out of four trucks and a shop furnace I’m leaning towards dumping it in the shop furnace.

But in the big horse she’d be diluted a lot more.

An old engine it will be fine. I still wouldn't do it. Use it to burn a brush pile or kill weeds. I don't know what kind of shop heater you have but that may not be worth the risk either.

Y'all lead sheltered lives ifn yaz deidnt know he he was.

Last edited:
they used to pour a bottle of rubbing alcohol in the tanks too but i wouldn`t do that
I would throw it on a brushpile

That's what we used to start burn-to-learns on the fire department.

I used 5 gals, 1/2 on the interior walls and floors near them, the other half in an open plastic bucket on the upstairs landing to get a hole through the roof for chimney effect. Sprayed the night before, tossed a torch into the bucket, and had a pile of ash all inside the perimeter in little more than a hour. Saved me about $2000 vs. tearing it down.

One aircraft fueling company used to run their fuel trucks off of jet A fuel, I doubt you can do that anymore with these new emissions engines.:dunno:

One aircraft fueling company used to run their fuel trucks off of jet A fuel, I doubt you can do that anymore with these new emissions engines.:dunno:
Jet-A is a high sulfur fuel, so you could run it if you removed the aftertreatment. It's even lighter than #1 though, so mileage would suck, although that wouldn't be a problem on the ramp. Those trucks would have to be off-road only to legally burn it.

IIRC, JP4 is a 50-50 mix of kerosene and gasoline.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread