Fuel Ok to mix diesel and gas?

Ontario Outlaw

Hozer Witta Hood
I seem to remember old hands would mix a little gas in they tanks, in winter time.

Will running a bit of gas hurt anything?

I’ve got 10 gallons of sketchy fuel I don’t want to just throw out. Out of four trucks and a shop furnace I’m leaning towards dumping it in the shop furnace.

But in the big horse she’d be diluted a lot more.

Nomad1

Forum
Supporter
An old engine it will be fine. I still wouldn't do it. Use it to burn a brush pile or kill weeds. I don't know what kind of shop heater you have but that may not be worth the risk either.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Y'all lead sheltered lives ifn yaz deidnt know he he was.

Last edited:

tommyh

they used to pour a bottle of rubbing alcohol in the tanks too but i wouldn`t do that
I would throw it on a brushpile

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
That's what we used to start burn-to-learns on the fire department.
I used 5 gals, 1/2 on the interior walls and floors near them, the other half in an open plastic bucket on the upstairs landing to get a hole through the roof for chimney effect. Sprayed the night before, tossed a torch into the bucket, and had a pile of ash all inside the perimeter in little more than a hour. Saved me about $2000 vs. tearing it down.

Rigjockey

I am don't know.
Supporter
One aircraft fueling company used to run their fuel trucks off of jet A fuel, I doubt you can do that anymore with these new emissions engines.:dunno:

Hammer166

Instigateur №166™
One aircraft fueling company used to run their fuel trucks off of jet A fuel, I doubt you can do that anymore with these new emissions engines.:dunno:
Jet-A is a high sulfur fuel, so you could run it if you removed the aftertreatment. It's even lighter than #1 though, so mileage would suck, although that wouldn't be a problem on the ramp. Those trucks would have to be off-road only to legally burn it.

ironpony

Professional Pot-Stirrer
Supporter
IIRC, JP4 is a 50-50 mix of kerosene and gasoline.