Oilfield Trucking Jobs

MichaelJT

Class A CDL drivers with two years verifiable experience needed for oilfield jobs in western North Dakota. You must be willing to relocate, no tanker experience necessary, and you do not need Hazmat (although it is a plus). We are the premier oilfield services company in the Bakken region. This company has been here for years, we didn't come up here during the boom looking to make a fast buck. Most of the managers were born and raised in the area, so we are going to be here long after all the fly by night outfits have packed up, dumped their drivers and gone home.

You must be able to pass a criminal background check, a drug screen and a driving test. Once you have accomplished that and finished a five day orientation course the company will pay you $500.00 (you will be paid an hourly wage during orientation and be given a decent place to stay). After you finish 90 days with the company you will be paid another $1000.00. Average yearly earnings for a tanker driver is $86,000. More if you are ambitious and even more if you are willing to work nights.

There is some limited housing available so act fast if you need housing. We are anticipating a large increase in business starting in late September and October so we are actively hiring drivers every week. There are already lots of Michigan people up here working (along with people from every other state). We need people who understand winter and aren't intimidated by it.

One more thing: I'm not a recruiter. I'm a driver just like you who came up here two and a half years ago and I'm glad I took a chance and made the move. I was in financial trouble prior to coming here and now all that is behind me. I have a regular income far above what I was making at home and I don't have to worry about my company closing down or going out of business. My bills are paid and the pressure is finally off. If that sounds like your situation you need to check this out. Take my word for it, this area is full of people like me who left a home with no jobs and no prospects for a job and are now working hard and paying their bills.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do, but at least give this some serious thought.

Contact me at: [email protected]

I suggest you go on YouTube and search "Williston Oil Boom".
There you will find scores of videos on this subject made by people who went up there.
Many people are under the impression that you will find a fantastic paying job and a
nice place to live within a week.
Nothing could be further from the truth.
A few years ago maybe - but not now.
Unless you have a job lined up before you go I wouldn't bother.
If not theres a good chance you'll freeze, starve, & go broke looking.
Everything from toilet paper to a hotel room is 2x to 3x what you'd pay anywhere else.
Price gouging is common up there.

I know one guy who lived in his camper van in the Wal-Mart parking lot for a month.
He pounded the pavement every day but couldn't land a drivin job.
They want case specific experience in certain types of rigs...about 4 years worth now.
They check everything about you including yer credit.
They even look up yer wazoo while yer on the toilet.
If there is one bad mark anywhere on anything you won't get hired.
You almost hafta be Jesus Christ to get on with any reputable outfit now.
Again, a few years ago it woulda been easy to get on when things were ramping up.
Now they have a zillion drivers and they can afford to be picky.

If you go be prepared to work 12 hour shifts 7 days a week for 3 or 4 weeks at a time if you get in.
Then you get a week off. This is a grueling schedule and not everyone can handle it.
Its more for the young buck with something to prove.
If you look at the videos of the mancamps there you'll see that most o the guys are in their 20's & 30's.
Winters are -30 below in Jan, Feb, & March. And that's not counting the winds that blow down from Canada.
Yer continually climbing in & out of the truck in that weather...not just riding along in the cab nice & warm.
Not trying to dissuade anybody...just want to tell you what you can expect.
Again, check out the videos on YouTube.
If you can stand the winter and the schedule - and have the experience they want - then go for it and good luck.

Not true GM. I go to Williston quite often. I've been to Walmart and other stores and prices are the same as every place else. And the part about a guy living at Walmart is BS. They don't allow ANYONE to park at Walmart. I've also talked to many young people who work up there and it's not a bad deal. $86,000+ is right on the mark. I have two friends who are up there. One is a mechanic and the other is a welder. They know each other and share a trailer provided free by the mechanics company. They both have a goal of $100,000 and are gone. They've been up there about a year and a half and should be coming home soon.

I delivered bagged white rock a bunch of times to Walmart there. I met the woman manager there and she allows me to stay overnight in the parking lot. It use to be a 24 hour super center but they have to close at night. They can't keep up. They stock the shelves then bring pallets out and place them in the middle. When the store opens the freaking place is cleaned out.

I was paid to go in and dead head out. The marble white stone is used for trailer gray water sewage and one of the hottest sellers. Who would have thought that!!!

As usual, a guy who has no firsthand information, but relies on what his "buddy" tells him as gospel. We all know about those stories of somebody's buddy who hauled a load of ping pong balls and had an inspector open the back doors...This is the same kind of story.

Let me tell you mine. I've been here for almost three years now. I had a place to stay the first night I came up here. My company won't hire you unless they have a place for you to live. I live in a brand new apartment building, furnished with stove, fridge, microwave and washer/dryer. Yes things are a little more expensive, but I'm making about twice what I did running over the road. Worth it? Hell yes. Especially since I no longer have to deal with cops, scales, inspections, log books etc, etc.

The winters? Yes it gets cold up here. Coldest it got last winter was -22 or -23. Can it get colder than that? Oh yeah, but the most you are going to be out in it is 20 minutes or so as you pump a load on or off. You dress for it and it's no problem. It must not be, our company has a few hundred guys doing it every day in the winter.

Drivers are still covered by the DOT regs and the most you can work is 70 hours in eight days. The exception is in the oil field you get a 24 hour re start instead of the 36 hour rule. Everybody is up here to make money so nobody bitches about having to work. At our company they want you to work 5 days on and one off for four cycles and then take a week off and go home or whatever. If you don't want or need to go home, you work a five day on, one day off, five days on, two days off.

We have plenty of work because we are the big dog in the oil field services business. And we are getting more every day, that's why we need drivers. Is it for everybody? No, nothing is. We have people who start orientation, last a day or two and then disappear. Others have been up here for 4 and 5 years and are doing just fine. I wouldn't go back to living on truck stop food, sleeping in rest areas, on ramps and truck stops (and dealing with all the crap that includes), smart ass cops with a ticket quota, belligerent scale people, inspectors who are having a bad day and especially grocery warehouses. Mostly grocery warehouses. YOU can if you want, Mr. GM, but I'm done with all that. I enjoy getting paid for every hour I work. You can donate your time backed up to the loading dock, not me. You can drive all night to make a delivery schedule that no human being can accomplish only to be told you are ten minutes late so you have to come back the next day, but not me, I'm done with all that.

So Mr. GM, go back to being one of those truck stop lunch counter commandos telling everybody about what your "buddy" told you. I'm making money while you are sitting there bitching. Lots of other people are too. Matter of fact, we don't want your kind up here. Stay wherever you are and be miserable.

But if you need a good job making good money working for a good company that is here to stay, drop me a note an I'll tell you how to get started. Talk to me for a few minutes and make up your own mind. If what I wrote up there sounds like it came from someone who has been there, done that, got the tee shirt and worn it out, it's because I have. Over 30 years and something like 3.5 million miles, and counting. So Mr. GM, unless you can match that, stay on the porch.

[email protected]

Again, don't take my word for it.
Look at the YouTube videos and let people make up their own minds.
People did camp out at the Wal-Mart -- till security kicked them out.
Camp/RV sites are prohibitively expensive.
Hotels even further beyond that.
Why are you trying to hide that??
I checked into going up and made a lot o calls to a lot o people.
Not just one er two.

The work schedules are I found were accurate.
And DOT regs you quote don't apply if yer driving off road
(which much of the work is there).
You say yer not a recruiter but you sure sound like one.
If not why are you on here trying to drum up biz??
If its so great why is the turnover so high??

I see a never ending flow of ads from up there??
And don't tell me they're ramping up.
That happened a long time ago.
And JFR I don't donate my time to anyone.
I gave that up many many moons ago.
I get paid for every hour too.
Not sayin yer gig is good or bad.
Just that people need to be informed B4 they go up there.
Not just buy yer side of the story...

I don't live in a hotel or a RV lot or a camp site. Read what I wrote. I live in a brand new apartment building that my company built to house employees. My company won't hire people unless they have found them a place to live. Again, read what I wrote. You do know how to read, don't you? You certainly have difficulty in comprehending what you read.
DOT regs DO APPLY. You have to drive on U.S, state and county highways and roads to get to the well sites. THINK you idiot.
And anyone who reads what you wrote should take into consideration the fact that you cannot make up a sensible sentence without using text slang such as, "yer... and B4" You are a kid and you don't know what you are talking about.
There are a lot of fly by night operations that came up here when the boom started, but my company is based here, the managers were all born and raised here and we will be here long after the fly by night operators have gone.
This is one of the largest oil discoveries in the world and the full extent of it has not even been explored yet.

If you aren't man enough to make it up here, stay working for Schneider or Swift. We don't need you and you wouldn't make it a week anyway without a truck stop lunch counter to sit and whine at.

Oh, and please let me know your e mail address. A few of the women up here who drive tanker trucks for my company would certainly like to have a good laugh, sissy boy.

Not true GM. I go to Williston quite often. I've been to Walmart and other stores and prices are the same as every place else. And the part about a guy living at Walmart is BS. They don't allow ANYONE to park at Walmart.

Really???

I was just about to ask whether your outfit hires women. I had heard rumors that it's difficult for women to get those jobs. Granted, most of those rumors came from man-camp residents, but that was the word I had.

Tell me, Mikey...
Does your company pay a recruiting bonus?

Yeah,
that's what I thought.
:D

Welcome.

tool

I don't live in a hotel or a RV lot or a camp site. Read what I wrote. I live in a brand new apartment building that my company built to house employees. My company won't hire people unless they have found them a place to live. Again, read what I wrote. You do know how to read, don't you? You certainly have difficulty in comprehending what you read.
DOT regs DO APPLY. You have to drive on U.S, state and county highways and roads to get to the well sites. THINK you idiot.
And anyone who reads what you wrote should take into consideration the fact that you cannot make up a sensible sentence without using text slang such as, "yer... and B4" You are a kid and you don't know what you are talking about.
There are a lot of fly by night operations that came up here when the boom started, but my company is based here, the managers were all born and raised here and we will be here long after the fly by night operators have gone.
This is one of the largest oil discoveries in the world and the full extent of it has not even been explored yet.

If you aren't man enough to make it up here, stay working for Schneider or Swift. We don't need you and you wouldn't make it a week anyway without a truck stop lunch counter to sit and whine at.

Oh, and please let me know your e mail address. A few of the women up here who drive tanker trucks for my company would certainly like to have a good laugh, sissy boy.

Are you that recruiter/troll that haunted the Williston board on City Data??
The moderator over there closed that thread because of you.
Now yer over here peddling the same garbage.

There's a restaurant on the edge of town that has a little truck parking. I leave Walmart and wait for the restaurant to open. I get a table for 4 and always let others sit with me. It's pretty cool. Everyone has a story and a goal and their gone. Most of the guys are young, maybe early 20's. Some work 3 weeks straight and have 4 days off. Many work 16 hours a day and are allowed naps.

My two friends up there live in a man camp. It's a camping trailer. 24' I think. When they open the door there is 1" clearance between the trailer next to them. It is pretty nice. They have a woman that cleans the trailer, does their laundry and brings them a hot meal every night and also leaves a bag lunch for the next day. It's pretty cool. You can start a business up there doing anything.

I see a lot of women up there. When I deliver it's too a drilling station with a mobile house trailer on the lot. There's usually 1 or 2 women and a guy that live there. They monitor the pumping and drilling. They have all the comforts of home. Each has their own bedroom. They have satellite TV, full kitchen and fully furnished.

My friends and the people I've met up there do nothing but work, eat and sleep. My two friends who are a mechanic and welder are offered the Golden Handcuffs. If they stay this winter until April they will be given a huge bonus.

I think it's a great opportunity for anyone who wants to make some decent money then maybe leave, buy their own truck then make millions in the trucking business.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread