Occupational Insurance

unionace

Hi guys

I’m an owner operator and I’m shopping for occupational insurance. I hope I won’t ever have to use it, but in case I do I would like to have some quality provider. Any thoughts and suggestions who should I contact ?

Hi guys

I’m an owner operator and I’m shopping for occupational insurance. I hope I won’t ever have to use it, but in case I do I would like to have some quality provider. Any thoughts and suggestions who should I contact ?
just a suggestion, you may want to consider joining the OOIDA, they have all sorts of insurance.

I was actually thinking about that, but for now I just need good occupational. Thanks for the reply !

I guess you are talking about workmans comp
I am based in NC,and here we don`t have to have it unless we have 3 employees or more.
I used to have to have it to work for a company.I paid over 1200 a year for a piece of paper.They called it a ghost policy since it wouldn`t help me a bit.Once a year they came here and looked thru my checkbook and if I passed they might give me 450 back

it was worthless in my case and I don`t carry it now or do business with someone who says I must have it

I figure you are sure you must have it?

Occupational accident insurance is usually much cheaper than a workman's comp policy. Requirements and availability vary by state. Your best course of action would be to contact an insurance broker in your state.

OCC health is exactly that, work comp for the self employed. I've done without it since I've been in business. Mainly for the nosey nurse who's doing the intake every time you go to the clinic.

" How did this happen?"....

"Wrestling midget pigmy **** stars" generally gets them to move on to the next question faster.

I was required to carry this when leased to Schneider. I imagine most carriers require it.

Not positive, but I think it is a state by state thing. I know Arkansas doesn’t require me to have it, so I don’t.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread