NYC TRUCKERS

Weighted

Hello, new to this forum seeking any truckers around the New York City area for discussion, general questions about freights, digital freight brokerages. Doing some research and any story/experience or willingness to answer would be great.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
Hello, new to this forum seeking any truckers around the New York City area for discussion, general questions about freights, digital freight brokerages. Doing some research and any story/experience or willingness to answer would be great.
I tend to avoid the area. Too many "hidden" hazards for someone from the Midwest for me. You can be on a route you can use then suddenly some place you shouldn't be and no way out.

After the few times I've been there, just decided to leave it for the people that live there.

Weighted

Any particular bad freight brokers that come to mind if you have been there recently? Did you find you were able to find some form of assistance (asking others in the area, or other technology) you may have used? Trying to gather data on what are the top hazards, the ones with the biggest occurence, any transportation issues that would be at the top of your list. Am trying to look into a particular one- Loadsmart but can only seem to find a few reviews online, nothing big yet. Recently attended conference held by Freightwaves and the name popped up in discussion.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
Supporter
In seven years, I've been burned by three brokers.

Every one of them had a 98 or better credit score, paid in less than 25 days and had good reviews.
Go figure...