Life in Sector 7 G.

Deliver me Lord for the wrong I have done.
You can deliver me Lord. I only wanted to have some fun!
-Led Zeppelin :thumbsup: :cool:
Sheryl Crow too.

@Rigjockey what the heck is going on in the GTA????
Years ago a Canadian immigrant friend of mine used to run a towing business in Toronto. He said the law is whoever arrives on the scene first, with a tow truck, gets the tow job. Even if he has to call for a bigger truck.

They would abuse that law by putting a fake tow hook thingy on a little souped up S-10 or a Ford Ranger just so they can drive fast and get to the scene before the other guys. Once you arrive, you can call in the real truck to actually do the tow. Unless it's a compact car or something you can tow with the little fake tow truck.

This was about 20 years ago when he ran his tow business, so things might have changed, to the even worse system we have here, where the tow companies simply bribe the police.

@Rigjockey what the heck is going on in the GTA????
Years ago a Canadian immigrant friend of mine used to run a towing business in Toronto. He said the law is whoever arrives on the scene first, with a tow truck, gets the tow job. Even if he has to call for a bigger truck.

They would abuse that law by putting a fake tow hook thingy on a little souped up S-10 or a Ford Ranger just so they can drive fast and get to the scene before the other guys. Once you arrive, you can call in the real truck to actually do the tow. Unless it's a compact car or something you can tow with the little fake tow truck.

This was about 20 years ago when he ran his tow business, so things might have changed, to the even worse system we have here, where the tow companies simply bribe the police.
Well, the way that Duck put it pretty much sums it up. First on the scene gets the tow and they want to tow it to their shop so they can get a kick back from the shop (you can have it towed anywhere you want and you don't have to take the first guy on the scene if you don't want to but people are naive.)

The tow truck business is very lucrative and the more crooked you are the more money you make.

Tow trucks are also your one stop shop for drugs and hookers or whatever vice you have. These guys make money without even towing a car.
That's why I pay for a CAA membership so I don't have to deal with these shysters.

Last edited:
Well, the way that Duck put it pretty much sums it up. First on the scene gets the tow and they want to tow it to their shop so they can get a kick back from the shop (you can have it towed anywhere you want and you don't have to take the first guy on the scene if you don't want to but people are naive.)

The tow truck business is very lucrative and the more crooked you are the more money you make.

Tow trucks are also your one stop shop for drugs and hookers or whatever vice you have. These guys make money without even towing a car.
That's why I pay for a CAA membership so I don't have to deal with these shysters.
I was thinking of you earlier today.

Elon Musk was about to launch Bob and Doug into space but then it was canceled because of the weather.

bob-and-doug.jpg

That would have been a great day for Canadians. 🇨🇦

Still doing it. I see them vultures all the time.

So my crazy Aunt read that hand sanitizer can catch fire in a car.
I doubted it but I would wait 'til the morning to call in an expert.
So I asked the guys in shipping if they shipped this **** in a reefer or a dryvan?
They said just a dryvan. So ya like the same heat as a car.
Ya, I suppose if the sun hit the clear bottle just right and the planets Mercury and Jupiter were aligned just right, it could catch fire.
I actually heard them say it on the radio yesterday! Take the hand sanitizer out of the car because it might catch fire in these temperatures. I don't remember what radio station it was. :confused-44:

I actually heard them say it on the radio yesterday! Take the hand sanitizer out of the car because it might catch fire in these temperatures. I don't remember what radio station it was. :confused-44:
I think that's about as unlikely as a gas station blowing up because of static electricity when you don't touch the pump to ground yourself.

It wouldn't take long for the alcohol to evaporate out of it if you don't have an airtight cap on the container though.

I think that's about as unlikely as a gas station blowing up because of static electricity when you don't touch the pump to ground yourself.

It wouldn't take long for the alcohol to evaporate out of it if you don't have an airtight cap on the container though.
I know, that's what I thought. I kinda laughed when I heard it. As Trump would say....FAKE NEWS! LOL

What temperatures are you guys having up there? It’s barely hit 90 here and only once.

Hand sanitizer will not spontaneously combust.
Because RJ from Toronto said so.....I'll believe it. :rolllaugh: Wish I could remember what radio station it was. I was in your neighborhood when I heard it though. :wave:

I am a truck driver and I get lied to for a living, So my B.S. detector is very accurate.
I was talking to the talking to the head mechanic/shop manager/penny pincher.
He was saying they were working on my truck and it should be down here by the end of the week.
My eyes glazed over and all I heard was, bla,bla, bla.
Today a mechanic was down here doing a service call and my buddy asked him if they were working on my truck?
The mechanic laughed and said **** no! It's still sitting in the yard with a birds nest with eggs in the nest under the cab :rolllaugh:

Go sell bulshit somewere else, we are all stocked up here!

Hey @SueAnn what's up with the former trucker tag line?
Are you done with trucking? I wouldn't blame you I am about done with it myself.
Hi Rob, after my accident in November, I went back to work in March. They gave me a salvaged truck that had been written off, bought back and rebuilt by the shop. I brought the problems with the truck to their attention and got fired when I got back. Since then they've blocked every attempt I've made to find another trucking job. My career is over. I really miss it.

Thanks for asking. :cry:

Hi Rob, after my accident in November, I went back to work in March. They gave me a salvaged truck that had been written off, bought back and rebuilt by the shop. I brought the problems with the truck to their attention and got fired when I got back. Since then they've blocked every attempt I've made to find another trucking job. My career is over. I really miss it.

Thanks for asking. :cry:
I am really sorry to hear that. I don't think your career is over if you can ride out this Covid thing. Take your CERB for the time being, no one is hiring right now.
When things get up and running again you will be in demand.

I am really sorry to hear that. I don't think your career is over if you can ride out this Covid thing. Take your CERB for the time being, no one is hiring right now.
When things get up and running again you will be in demand.
I've talked to all the major carriers, even had a friend try to get me into his company and no one will touch me. I have so many rejection letters. I even tried a couple Brampton companies and they wouldn't hire me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread