Non-sensical bitchery from another thread and MNDrivers truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

mndriver

curmudgeon extraordinare
I must've missed that story. I saw pictures of the f*ed up truck but I thought he did it. :dunno:
The one from August was a 28 yo kid out otr for his first time away from home. He'd been hauling local/regional for 4 years. So it's not like he had zero experience.

what @Duck is referencing is a kid drove my personal truck of 6 years into a 13'2" bridge that was not marked in any way.

IMG_20190816_130217002.jpg

36267.jpeg

That's what led me to buying myself a 2016 Volvo 730.

IMG_20190916_104904912_HDR.jpg

Yes, people learn how to cope and move on, but according to GAnthony you shouldn’t have your CDL because you’re a ticking time bomb at this point.
@GAnthony is a ticking time bomb himself. He's probably got bodies buried under his basement floor.
img_20190816_130217002-jpg.52430
Get yourself a pop riveter, some gray barn siding and two cans of Great Stuff.

The trailer will be easy. Just get some plywood, some 2x4's and some oil based paint. :thumbsup:

well, glad to see your truck hating northeast mentality. Enjoy retirement.
it is a job..no love affair.

you will hate the job in time to come.

and my retirement will be fabulous....no more trucking BS, and all the morons that "always wanted to drive" or "
i like driving my moms mini van around the block", or "i got 246 tickets, can i still get a CDL"..??...bullshit

yes, you...YOU @r3gulator3 will come to hate the industry soon enough......

it is a job..no love affair.

you will hate the job in time to come.

and my retirement will be fabulous....no more trucking BS, and all the morons that "always wanted to drive" or "
i like driving my moms mini van around the block", or "i got 246 tickets, can i still get a CDL"..??...bullshit

yes, you...YOU @r3gulator3 will come to hate the industry soon enough......
An industry I shouldn’t be in by your standards. I love what I do every day. I’m living my dream. I am sorry that you find no joy in it. I don’t like a lot of people I meet out here and that’s ok. I don’t like a lot of people in general. But I just ignore a lot of the people out there who talk. Talk is cheap. When it comes time to backing up the talk, you’ll find me not talkin and just doin.

Truth be told the military was the same way, and every civilian job was the same way with people who talk I dunno man just is what it is.

An industry I shouldn’t be in by your standards. I love what I do every day. I’m living my dream. I am sorry that you find no joy in it. I don’t like a lot of people I meet out here and that’s ok. I don’t like a lot of people in general. But I just ignore a lot of the people out there who talk. Talk is cheap. When it comes time to backing up the talk, you’ll find me not talkin and just doin.

Truth be told the military was the same way, and every civilian job was the same way with people who talk I dunno man just is what it is.
after over (nearly 36 years now)...there is no joy. i am all "joyed out" and you will be as well....it's inevitable..

Seriously though I've never considered this a dream job. It was just an easy achievement wise escape from inside the warehouses.

Couldn't decide what I really wanted to do, and I couldn't see myself going through college aimlessly.

I have grown up to be everything I ever wanted to be. I wanted to be a soldier, did that. I wanted to be a mechanic, did that, and I always wanted to follow in my dad, grandad, and great granddads shoes and be a trucker. I get that people can get burnt out. That was 20 years of wrenching for me. I could never see the joy anymore. Wether at work or at home I was miserable. Being on the road makes me appreciate the interactions with my family. I have itchy feet, I am meant to be a nomad. This is where I am meant to be. When you can find something where you can wake up every day and have happiness in life. Doesn’t matter what it is. That’s living the dream. No amount of money or love can buy you that.

I think it partly has to do with the type of driving. @GAnthony and I are local, day cab, repetitive, sh*t roads robots. Add in night time and it's worse.

Not the absolute worst job in the world but it's just that...a job. It's for the money and nothing else.

but many (if any) were not clinically diagnosed as such.

and if they were, then thier CDL ought to be revoked. we do not need hopped up on meds drivers, that are in charge of an 80,000 pound destructive machine when they snap.

the whole idea of a DOT physical if i recall, was to have as healthy a person operating that big machine.

aside from say B/P meds, we are supposed to be in as good physical/mental health as possible.

once someone is on some sort of mind altering meds to control depression, or PTSD, or any other mental condition, it is time to not ever allow a CDL, or to revoke one that they already have. in time, they will snap, and as a result, i do believe that all are a ticking time bomb.

it's inevitable. not IF it will happen...but WHEN, and how many innocent people will be harmed, injured, or killed due to a mentally deficient person..???

can you say for a fact, that 100% of those on the mind altering meds, are not sipping some booze as well..??

no, i know i can't, but look at all the recent crashes where BOOZE was involved or drugs...

anyone want to venture how many of those morons were on some sort of mind altering meds..???

once a brain is screwed up, NO amount of meds will ever make them normal again.
I think you should limit your objections to subjects you're actually educated about. Your posts in this thread show an astounding level of ignorance even by my standards.

And that is saying a lot, because stereotyping people based on my own willful ignorance is one of my favorite hobbies. :D

I think my time with those is for the most part over, I’m not medicated. I have a pretty peaceful existence other that arguing with the tinunicorn. The only thing that ever really happens is when there’s a loud boom I duck for cover. Instinct training takes over. Then it’s over I go on about my day.

People think meds are a cure all and they aren’t. They are meant to be used like a crutch is used to mend a broken leg. You have to learn new coping skills and implement them as second nature into your life or, you end up sitting on the edge the rest of your life.
Guess I shouldn't fart around you then.

With a landing strip, and a hanger for the airplanes.
A big hangar big enough to fit a 747.

That way after you put all your "retired" cars, boats and motorcycles in there, you'll still have room to squeeze in an ultralight. 😁

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread