Non-censored sub forum

I'm late on this. No internet on the road. I don't see any benefit to a No holds barred section, How does it help? We get pretty heated at times, Just on trucking discussions with pretty free speech.

As far as other topics, It is nice to see others share the same interests as you, Outside of trucking and can talk about other things as well. I click on threads on outside hobbies that I do not participate in. I don't fly remote controlled helicopters or ride a motorcycle. I do enjoy reading about it.

I joined this forum and stayed with this forum because of the way it is. I looked at another forum and never went back because of the way it is. I am not saying we can should as a forum always stay the same. Change is the only constant. Truckers know all about change. I am just saying a free for all is not the direction to go.

Ya, but the "back room" never hurt a video store...if your not interested-don't look. If the temptation is too much, pray more.

Ya, but the "back room" never hurt a video store...if your not interested-don't look. If the temptation is too much, pray more.

After six pages of negative responses, and a poll indicating otherwise, your idea is not going to fly on this forum. Perhaps you should start your own forum. You can call it "The Shithouse Wall". Because that's what you'd end up with.

What exactly is it you want to be uncensored that you think is so heavy handed? What can't you post that you want to so badly, that you have to throw a six page hissy fit over it?

You can be sexual here.
You can be profane here.
You can be gross here.

Just try to be witty about it. And maybe even funny. And lighthearted. Give that a shot instead of childish whining and fit-throwing.

Oh, and drop the religion thing.

There's a thread around here someplace where I got hammered on most of a fifth of Beam one night and got in an argument with @Duck about how modern Satanism is about rationality and self empowerment, self education, self reliance, and as such should lend itself more to conservative politics than the whole GAWD thing does....on and on....

I'm still here. I'm also not a Satanist. I think the whole thing on either side is goofy, and remain devoutly agnostic. Do not derail this thread into a discussion about religion. I made my point in counter to yours, now it's done.

So if you think Mike is trying to beat you down with his new found faith, you're wrong. Thus far to my knowledge, he's only filtered ONE word on this new format, and that was long overdue, IMO. And I'd have filtered it differently. Not my call.

But there are limits, just as there would be in say, a normal conversation with a stranger in a restaurant.

Use that scenario in your mind.

Would you start dropping F-bombs in the first sentence to a new conversation in public? You might. Judging from what I've seen...you very well might.

And if it were my restaurant, you'd get thrown out.

Use that scenario in your mind also.

@Sinister , I think what she wants is a sub-forum where she can hurl names and insults in an unabashed and unmoderated fashion when someone disagrees with one of her unpopular viewpoints.

I still don't think it's a good idea. It's not easy for many people to compartmentalize such encounters and will carry their butt-hurt feelings to the open forum. A free-for-all in one place generally turns into bickering throughout. It makes for an unpleasant atmosphere and people end up getting banned because of that lack of separation.

Yes, I have seen this happen in another place. Otherwise productive members of a forum were kicked out because of hurt feelings and carry-over from one discussion to another.

There is an entire forum that is unmoderated and nobody ever gets banned outright. Cussing and name-calling are merely answered by the core long-term members and the newer person is invited to ban themselves. They make it uncomfortable for people to be there who do not agree with them. If Ms. @Cargo Commando wants those sorts of encounters, she is, I'm sure, welcome to visit the Trucker's Back Row. They'll chew her up and spit her out. But it is what she is requesting here.

We do get a little mean with each other here sometimes, especially on touchy subjects. I have had posts deleted or edited by staff here. I was a little annoyed about it, but I also saw the reason for the action. Life goes on.

Thus far to my knowledge, he's only filtered ONE word on this new format, and that was long overdue, IMO. And I'd have filtered it differently. Not my call

Would you start dropping F-bombs in the first sentence to a new conversation in public? .
They're not F-bombs any more. They're trucking T-bombs now.

The first time I saw the F-word changed to "truck" I said "What the truck? That's trucking hilarious."

You can call it a T-bomb, but don't say "truck bomb" too many times or the NSA will give @Mike an unwanted colonoscopy.

As you all know I very rarely post any thing serious in here I see NO NEED for a Non censored sub forum here, but then I only post jokes I find it is safer.

You wanna read a joke?

Go to any trucking forum (notice I didn't mention any one in particular, but we all know who I mean) and read the driver questions and comments about the new HOS.

Hours of hilarious entertainment!

You want uncensored threads and post? Go to the craigslist forums. OMG!!! If that's what you want here, faagitaaboutit...

Besides, the drama and discontentment are more fun when they lay just below the surface, never known by the uninvolved and unknowing. If we could/would openly blast each other the tranquility of this little community would be forever lost.

I vote notta...

You can call it a T-bomb, but don't say "truck bomb" too many times or the NSA will give @Mike an unwanted colonoscopy.
For real?
@Mike has a truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb truck bomb.

That should be a boat load of butt hurt.:bootyshake::rolllaugh:

I can't speak for others, but my recent absence has nothing to do with the quality of content or the way I've been treated here.
I have been treated very well by nearly everyone here, and have learned a ton. (more like 40 tons...lol)

As much as I love this place, my paying job has to take top priority.

In the beginning I was going to school and had a lot more free time on my hands to be able to come here to share and learn.

Once I started driving, I still came on often to update my 20 and add my two cents to many threads.

Lately, I have been trying to chime in more often, but honestly I have been runnin my ass off and have been very tired at the end of each day, and my brain is fried.
It has seemed like I can't get as much sleep as I used to. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that since summer started, at every friggen truckstop everyone is idling and I have a hard time getting to sleep. Once I am asleep though, it is a deep sleep.

I do know that Micabay doesn't drive truck anymore, but he still chimes in on occasion and that tells me that he still enjoys coming here.
It's true. Not in a truck. I miss it much, but don't miss being away from the wife. My lack of coming on here is more to do with life rather than content on the site. (Free time has been filled with buildin my house and learning a new job, studying for a state electrical exam.)

I find it very entertaining reading all the tangents and BS banter back and forth. I sorta participate in an appliance repair forum, but it is more about business than anything else... Boring. If you want/need more moderation there is this other truckin forum out there I can suggest.

As far as people who share their own non driving intrestest, @catalinaflyer keep on sharing. People like you is what make this place great and non boring.

Even though it is now a moot point, change my vote from yes to no as well. I clearly did not think through all the discussion ramifications that have been discussed by Injun and others.

I will say that although I don't post as often on this board as I have on others, it is because most of you have much more experience than the people on the other board. Over there, there are many newbs with lots of rookie questions on Swift's way of doing things. Here, most of the drivers are more experienced, therefore I can sit back, listen, and learn. I certainly enjoy the attitude much more over here!

I will say that although I don't post as often on this board as I have on others, it is because most of you have much more experience than the people on the other board. Over there, there are many newbs with lots of rookie questions on Swift's way of doing things. Here, most of the drivers are more experienced, therefore I can sit back, listen, and learn. I certainly enjoy the attitude much more over here!
Never let that stop you from posting! Starting out I was taught by an old timer. I was just 2 years out of school. He was asking me about the new things. Here I am in an ever changing industry 18 years later, Wondering what is the newest and latest?

Experience is just that. Knowledge of the past. I can learn from a newer drivers just as well as I can learn from someone more experienced than myself.

Cussin and swearing...????? Shoot, I thought this was about Submarines. Well, subbies get kinda rough now and then. But we're TRUCKERS...... an that means we's polite and sweet and cute as teddy bears. Welll..... at least I am..... and if you don't agree you can just go...... hide in the corner and repeatedly say "I'm sorry".

Reactions: Tim
There are so very many Internet forums in existence one can find whatever one wants. I see no reason to change a forum if it doesn't have what you want. Just go find one that does. Simple.

Have you ever seen those kits people get to put a little weed-eater or chainsaw engine on a bicycle to convert it into a moped?

They have forums for that. More than one. My dad says he's a member of two of them. :rolllaugh2:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread