Harleyman

Hi everyone, I'm 54years old and have been laid off since April as an estimator for a construction company. Needless to say the construction industry near Chicago isn't good. With my father who was an OTR truck driver for 35years and a CDL instructor for 10 years prior to passing away in 2009 it only seemed natural to give trucking a shot. I'm presently in driving school and received a pre hire letter from Werner Enterprises but than they ended up refusing me. I've had my license suspended when I was 19 years old and have a Misdameanor for attempted obstruction of justice back in 2000. After they received my honest application they called me and wanted to know the details of the Misdameanor charge and I had told them exactly what it was. What happened was my 19 year old son and some of his friends decided to do a senior high school prank and take a joy ride in a golf cart from a local golf course. I got involved so that these kids would not get a felony charge before they were to go out in this world to look for a job. I guess I was successful in doing that and I received a Misdameanor for it as well but is this something that is coming back to haunt me or was I too honest on my app. I've always thought it was better to tell the truth about it especially when these were 35 and 13 years ago. Any thing anyone might have for me would be greatly appreciated. Is it me or is Werner anal? Stay safe everyone.

Keep applying everywhere and be honest. They will check. If you conceal your record, you will be terminated with a black mark on your record. Not all companies will be like Werner.

Go to the truck stop and get a few of those half sized magazines. Call the numbers for the companies and lay it out to them. As old as that stuff is, you shouldn't have too much trouble finding something.

Werner did you a favor. You'll thank them for it in a year or two.

Appreciate you getting back with me on this. I guess I didn't understand it when it wasn't a felony and it was 13years ago.
Thanks Again.

In the future, don't mention the 35 year old license suspension. And don't mention the misdemeanor unless the app says "ever". Most of them just ask about recent ones like less than 5 or 10 years ago.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread