New York Thruway to increase tolls in 2009 and 2010

The New York Thruway Authority Board of Directors voted to increase tolls by 5 percent in 2009 and an additional 5 percent in 2010 despite political pressure and the urging of the state comptroller to hold off on the increases. The vote on Friday, April 25, came just a few months after the board voted to increase tolls by 10 percent beginning Jan. 1, 2008.

More...

Yea, dont think so. To many people have to run down town. They want people to use more mass transit. Then after that they'll raise the prices on that as well. It's needs to be cleaned up a bit more before I'll touch it. Cabby is about as far as I'll go, and you gotta watch them cats too. Rob you blind if your not carefull

i have only been to the city once. it was interesting to say the least and there was some things i liked but i have no desire to go back. too many people for my taste and the crowded conditions are just too much for me.

i have only been to the city once. it was interesting to say the least and there was some things i liked but i have no desire to go back. too many people for my taste and the crowded conditions are just too much for me.

Thats why I love it. Can't live down there, F that. But work a few days a week oh ya, fo sure. If your in a hurry forget it, if you have all the time in the world it's great. I have had some of my best laughs down there wasting time. From things people say or do, down to the down right dumb. A few years ago I was parked HALF on the side walk and half in the street. The truck I was driving had a lift gate so it was out.... I came out of the elevator and heard CRASH.... got out side and some lady drove her benz into the lift gate. Cut the whole passenger side open like a tuna can. After I seen no one was hurt I hit the floor laughing. Then to make it better she tried to tell the cop the truck pulled in front of her. The cop said Mam, the I've seen this truck here for 3 hours now, and for 3 hours he had cones out, hazards on and no one has been inside this truck, it didn't move. Not to mention I saw you pass the taxi over there unloading.
now that was priceless.... Oh and when we had a contract with MTV, A&E and Discover..... damn son... some stories you would never believe. 8 hrs in Times Square.

haha. stupid rich biotch. sounds fun but i don't care for large crowds. i don't even like wally world during the day on a weekend.

LOL.. wally world? na na na my friend. not the same. Did you know that my county wont allow a wally world in it? Did you know that the 4 county's ( maybe more ) around NY say No F'en way to wally world. Those people are forbidden...lol Na we have overpasses for them to hang around

we're big time here now. we gots a super wally world. woo hoo. i heard in the grape vine that someone we both know is moving to my old stomping grounds, Atlanta.

Super Wally World? LOL WTF is that? Buy shit in a box and a can? While looking at toothless tammy sweating all over the ATM?

Yea me, well maybe. had a job offer. Sounds good but eh? IDK

Where? North east of Swannee, but my run would be on the west side of ATL ( inside the loop) and finishing up by Buckhead. ( so I'm told). Dropping all new construction supplies. I can get you more info tomorrow. if Ya want?

Where? North east of Swannee, but my run would be on the west side of ATL ( inside the loop) and finishing up by Buckhead. ( so I'm told). Dropping all new construction supplies. I can get you more info tomorrow. if Ya want?

yeah please do. so you start in the buford area and end up in buckhead area. buckhead is cool. there is a place there that you can pick up any hot sauce you want. it's the big fish (literally). they got one called scorned woman. that is some hot ass shit. kinda sounds like home depot.

yeah please do. so you start in the buford area and end up in buckhead area. buckhead is cool. there is a place there that you can pick up any hot sauce you want. it's the big fish (literally). they got one called scorned woman. that is some hot ass shit. kinda sounds like home depot.

Hot sauce? no way, NY and Buffalo only.

Yea buford to ****head is what I gather. I don't know ATL for nothing but I'll check it out more for you, You want it? No it's not HD.... been there done that. It's for a roofing supply inc. 48' skateboards with a princeton on the back. 1 driver is all they want, and in dier need. they have 2 guys from Ill running it now..lol IDK a big risk for me to take right now

Hot sauce? no way, NY and Buffalo only.

Yea buford to ****head is what I gather. I don't know ATL for nothing but I'll check it out more for you, You want it? No it's not HD.... been there done that. It's for a roofing supply inc. 48' skateboards with a princeton on the back. 1 driver is all they want, and in dier need. they have 2 guys from Ill running it now..lol IDK a big risk for me to take right now

not really. just curious on who it is and the details. i'm looking to get out of the truck and do something else.

Huh, I need to think about that now.... the guy That is getting out of the truck has 15 yrs in ATL and almost nill OTR... what am I missing? I know the NY way is much different then the rest of the country. I had a yr OTR and hated it and 10 or so local. Again what's up wit ATL that I don't contend with?

Huh, I need to think about that now.... the guy That is getting out of the truck has 15 yrs in ATL and almost nill OTR... what am I missing? I know the NY way is much different then the rest of the country. I had a yr OTR and hated it and 10 or so local. Again what's up wit ATL that I don't contend with?

the A.T.L. is it's own different world. i have been to every major city around and to me atlanta is the worse. the traffic is aweful and the racsim is un bearable. it is a screw you attitude there and i am glad i am not there and will never go back to stay. the money does not equal the cost of living. suwanne/buford is expensive but nice. and it's the home of the falcons training camp. downtown traffic is just ugly. it's nice to visit but even nicer to leave.

Huh tell me more. Put it in it's own thread for all to see or in a PM. we got off track here for this thread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread