New video from Truckers Against Trafficking decries 'lot lizard' term

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
Truckers Against Trafficking (TAT), a 501c3 organization fighting human trafficking through the efforts of the trucking industry, has released a new video titled, “I am NOT a Lot Lizard.”

The 8-minute video features a number of career truck drivers and Tajuan McCarty, sex trafficking survivor and advocate and founder of Wellhouse, a restoration home for sexual trafficking survivors, talking about the dehumanizing effect of the term of “lot lizard.”

“This term has been used for years among members of the trucking industry to describe the women, girls and boys who work the travel plazas, truck stops and rest areas, selling sex,” said a TAT news release.

http://www.thetrucker.com/News/Stories/2014/2/3/NewTATvideodecrieslotlizardterm.aspx

Sinister

Supermodel
Staff member
Supporter
Until recently, I always thought Lot Lizards were human filth, and I should be able to remove them from my step with a pistol, and I'd thought that for years. I hated being woken up in the middle of the night, but my inconvenience bears little significance to the larger problem here.

It never occurred to me they were being victimized in such a brutal manner. I've looked into this organization a bit and they have some good knowledge. There's another reason that chick is beating on your door.

Human trafficking is and is becoming a larger and larger problem in the US. It's easier to snag people, and "use" them right here inside the US than it is to smuggle them across borders, and more so if they're here illegally.

This is huge, and this organization should be welcomed on our forum.

Southern Fried

Yeah..... the original "victim class".

I grew up with "street kids" and "poor kids" and none of us sold ourselves to perverts. You'd likely have gotten killed for trying to solicit one of us.

But hey, we weren't as educated as today's group. We could always find a day or two's work for a few bucks. I've shoveled snow from railway switches after a bad storm, cleaned bilges in scows and tugboats..... did a lot of menial, often dirty and dangerous jobs that lasted for a couple of days.

Ask why *****s call their johns "Easy Money" and why they willingly recruit others.

Tazz

Infidel
Oh there are some that chose that life. There are many that see no other way out. If putting them in touch with these folks gives them a break what harm has been done?

Another area where legalization would drag it out of the shadows where it could be watched.

revelation1911

Oh there are some that chose that life. There are many that see no other way out. If putting them in touch with these folks gives them a break what harm has been done?

Another area where legalization would drag it out of the shadows where it could be watched.
Yeah just what's needed a sav-a -ho organization. Just like rehab this will be a vacation spot for hoe's.
If they making money let'em otherwise they just draw some welfare.

Southern Fried

Switch places on the underlined words and you'll be a whole lot closer to the truth.

Mostly what you'll hear, when they realize they aren't talking to a Liberal, is "Hey, I like lots of sex so I might as well get paid for it..... better than working for a living." The only time they get all weepy and pitiful about it is when they're conning some dip who'll give them free money.

Same damn mindset as gang bangers, drug dealers and career criminals. They have zero interest in becoming "legit and Respectable". Hey, the "respectable" people are their customers.

Y'all want to do away with things like prostitution, child ****ography,etal? It's real simple..... keep your collective zippers up and control your urges. None of that stuff can exist if you quit patronizing them. Never, ever heard of somebody dying because they didn't get off.

And please spare me the "animals do it" routine. Animals routinely kill other animals they don't like. Only humans try to find excuses. So, if you really want to legitimize one form or other of "ghetto behavior", how about we make it all legit and just return to the animal world completely?

Rigjockey

In Gord we trust!
Supporter
The term lot lizard goes back to way before I ever started driving. I was not there but I am fairly sure those women where out there on there own. Nowadays there are hard core gang bangers out there hustling these girls around.

I was enlightened to the problem of Human trafficking a few years back my opinions have changed as they should.

I do know a girl that does go down to work the truck stop for a few quick bucks. But she does that on here own and that is completely different.

Tazz

Infidel
Switch places on the underlined words and you'll be a whole lot closer to the truth.

Mostly what you'll hear, when they realize they aren't talking to a Liberal, is "Hey, I like lots of sex so I might as well get paid for it..... better than working for a living." The only time they get all weepy and pitiful about it is when they're conning some dip who'll give them free money.

Same damn mindset as gang bangers, drug dealers and career criminals. They have zero interest in becoming "legit and Respectable". Hey, the "respectable" people are their customers.

Y'all want to do away with things like prostitution, child ****ography,etal? It's real simple..... keep your collective zippers up and control your urges. None of that stuff can exist if you quit patronizing them. Never, ever heard of somebody dying because they didn't get off.

And please spare me the "animals do it" routine. Animals routinely kill other animals they don't like. Only humans try to find excuses. So, if you really want to legitimize one form or other of "ghetto behavior", how about we make it all legit and just return to the animal world completely?
I have minimal interactions with hookers or lot lizards. But I do see stories like what happened to the 3 girls that animal Castro kidnapped in Ohio. I see and read stories about young boys and girls abducted and sold into the sex trade. Those are the ones I believe a phone call could help. Only once have I seen a girl young enough it concerned me. At the Pilot in Dunn, NC. All I could think was "Damn what a waste". Could she have been there voluntarily? Sure. Or the van she got out of could have had some hold on her.

Until I saw some of the things TAT put out I never even considered offering her a number with another alternative. Whether she (or he) uses it or not is their choice but I see no harm in the campaign. They are not advocating giving sheckles to them, just making a call.

As to the rest of what ever that tirade was about I have no clue. I would say legalizing prostitution much like drugs would drag a good part of it out of the dark and into the light. I see no difference in buying someone $100 in drinks to get a piece of tail at some drunken meat market and simplifying it with a $100 payment for an hour so long as it is consenting adults.

I do keep my word and oath to my wife, and my stance on legalization just like drugs has nothing to do with my use, but rather the basis of my philosophy. What consenting adults do to themselves is their damn business. Within reason, banging in the middle of the street should be curtailed and the like.

Southern Fried

As is often the case Tazz, I understand and agree....partly.

But I find the Libertarian viewpoint as "selective" as any other. Not worse or better.... just not really different..... and somewhat naive.

On that we will always disagree.

Duck

Quack
Supporter
Victimized? Maybe a few but most are there of their own volition and have the title of "comfort Companion".
Yeah just what's needed a sav-a -ho organization. Just like rehab this will be a vacation spot for hoe's.
If they making money let'em otherwise they just draw some welfare.
This thread is about children kidnapped, beaten & brainwashed into becoming slaves who work the truck stops & give all the money to their captors.

The very thing TAT is attempting with this video is to educate people so they know there's a difference between these innocent child slaves & the older ones who are out there voluntarily because they have a complete lack of morals.

Maybe you should watch the video.

Edddelos

Truckers Against Trafficking (TAT), a 501c3 organization fighting human trafficking through the efforts of the trucking industry, has released a new video titled, “I am NOT a Lot Lizard.”

The 8-minute video features a number of career truck drivers and Tajuan McCarty, sex trafficking survivor and advocate and founder of Wellhouse, a restoration home for sexual trafficking survivors, talking about the dehumanizing effect of the term of “lot lizard.”

“This term has been used for years among members of the trucking industry to describe the women, girls and boys who work the travel plazas, truck stops and rest areas, selling sex,” said a TAT news release.

TheTrucker.com - America's Trucking Newspaper
And girls that work at "gentleman's" clubs are not strippers...they are "exotic dancers".:rolleyes: